Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

futaba 18 sz lock out

Old 08-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Planebaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba 18 sz lock out

hi there
I have just brought a 18 sz and when I was flying I had lost all control with my blanik glider for about 2 seconds the model was directly in front of me approx 6-700 feet
on my tx I have my ariel strait out in front of me at a 45 degrees up it could of been possible that the model was in line with the airiel could this cause my problem???
I know of another guy who has the same tx and has had the same problems is there a problem with the rf range on these new tx because I have flown with a 12fg with a tm14 module and never had a problem is there a problem with the 18 sz
I have done a range check and meets the manual spec but my 12fg has a better range in range check than my sz
also how much is the range reduced from the side of the ariel compared too the tip of the ariel
I would appreciate some advise

thanks
Old 08-09-2017, 06:54 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The side of the antenna is where the strongest signal is emitted. The end of the antenna emits a very weak signal. If the transmitter antenna is pointed at the aircraft, then the range will be lower.

The 18SZ transmitter and 12FG with TM-14 module will have the same maximum output power, which is regulated by the FCC.

The equipment installation in the model is the major determining factor in how the system performs.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:48 PM
Planebaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks bax