Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Help - Programming T8J

Old 05-15-2018, 09:38 AM
Harc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Programming T8J

Recently purchased Futaba T8J w/receiver R2008SB. Cannot get mix "flap - elevator" to work. Ailerons are connected to receiver with a Y, channel 1. Flaps with Y to channel 6. Manual instructions, (mix 3 is not correct), mix 2 is what I want, followed to the letter. Nothing happens. Channel 5 for kill switch; Channel 7 for choke
Trying to set up for landing.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:03 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Mix 3 is the correct mix to use. Why do you want to use Mix2? At any rate, in Mix2 simply set flap as master and elev as slave.Make sure to change from INH (Inhibited).

I need more info to understand what is not working the way you want and what you want to do and how you want it to work.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Harc

Bill,
Did you receive my message where I explained in detail what was going and what I wanted to do?
I can be contacted at [email protected].
Hoping you have a solution.
Bob
Old 05-18-2018, 07:10 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Sorry, I missed it. I commute between NORCAL and SOCAL and work from 2 different computers. Bad system I guess. Please send it to me again. I'm at a single location now so I'll get it for sure. Sorry.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:24 AM
Harc

Default Help Programming T8J

Hi Bill, Sounds good that you aren't bouncing around. Anyway, did as you suggested and went to Mix 3. Changed to Master-Flaps, Slave-Elevator; RATEL set to 25; Switch C is ON; OFFSET will not accept an entry; TRM will not accept an entry; H will not accept an entry. What I want is to be able to toggle a switch and flaps deflect (say 50%) and elevator deflect (say 10%) in preparation for landing. Right now, nothing happens. Obviously I'm missing something and bumfuzzled as to what to do. Hopefully, you have a solution.
Bob
Old 05-21-2018, 03:12 PM
Harc

Bill, Left out a good bit of information. Aelerons, with Y, to channel 1; elevator to channel 2; throttle to channel 3; rudder to channel 4; kill switch to channel 5, flaps, with Y to channel 6. Choke to channel 7 & btry to channel 8.

Bob