Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

S.Bus programming

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 12:54 AM
riot3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S.Bus programming

Hi,

I have SBD-1 decoder & a SBC-1 channel changer to program regular BLS servos.

My question is, if the SBD-1 has been program/ assigned channels previously, do I have to first erase the assigned channels before I can reprogram new channels to the decoder? If yes, how?

Thanks,

Adrian
Old 05-28-2018, 07:35 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Just program the SBD-1 with the channels you want to use. The old selection will be over written. S.Bus servos work the same way. You do not "erase" the old settings, you simply set the new ones you want.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:09 PM
riot3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill,

Thanks for reply.

More questions.

I'm trying to use a R7006SB rx. I've programmed ch 1/ 2 for ele, 3 for rudder, 4/ 5 for ail, all non s.bus servos with two sbc-1 decoders into a 4 way hub. Then, a connector from the 4 way hub to one of the rx's s.bus port. Port # 1 I used for battery

Normally, I use ch 6 as throttle, but since ch 5 & 6 on the R7006SB are s.bus ports, it will not accept a direct servo input. My question is:-

1) Can I also program the SBC-1 into accepting ch 6 to run the throttle servo as a s.bus group, or, the servo needs to plug into an open port directly?

2) If the throttle servo needs to plug into an open port directly, can I just plug into any port & still use ch 6 on my 18MZ to control the throttle servo?

3) Same question but for an electric motor. Which port should I plug the ESC wire into?

Thank you again

Adrian
Old 05-29-2018, 07:27 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

OK, let's back up a bit. I'm not 100% clear on what you are doing.

First, what mode do you have the 7006 programmed to? Mode A, B, C, or D?

Then give me a list of how you want things to work:

FUNCTION - TX CHANNEL - RX PORT (direct or S.Bus)