Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

T8J rudder control oddity

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 09:33 AM
johnstewart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T8J rudder control oddity

A friend brought over a T8J today because it he couldn't work out why one of the controls on his model didn't work.

After checking everything out, I found that the rudder (J4 in mode 2) would only work from -20 to +100.

The digital trim was centred, and even if I maxed it out one way, it wouldn't even up the control.

I reset the data in the transmitter, and couldn't see any mixes or such like which would affect this control.

Sub-trims and end points were all at default values. Stick travel feels fine, with no stiffness anywhere.

If I set the Servo page to scan through the ranges, J1 to J4 all went from +100 to -100 and back again correctly,
but as soon as this J4 output was under control of the stick, it went back to being way off centre.

Faulty transmitter ?
Old 02-19-2019, 09:38 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Have you tried a new model memory ???

mdtron
Oxford UK
Old 02-19-2019, 10:58 AM
johnstewart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No. I did do a data reset of all model settings, which I assumed would do the same thing.

And I've just realised it was an 8FG not an 8J, in case that makes a difference.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:15 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

As Modtron noted, try a fresh model to make sure nothing odd is in the one model.
Also, try a different servo to make sure it was not programmed with odd endpoints (if it is a programmable type).
Old 02-20-2019, 01:14 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I would also check in the Servo Monitor menu to see what the particular channel is doing ???

Some more info would also help - model type, aircraft or heli, how are you setting this up, mode 1 or 2 ?

modtron
Oxford UK

Last edited by modtron; 02-20-2019 at 01:16 AM.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:34 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by modtron
I would also check in the Servo Monitor menu to see what the particular channel is doing ???

Some more info would also help - model type, aircraft or heli, how are you setting this up, mode 1 or 2 ?

modtron
Oxford UK

He noted in the 1st post that it is Mode 2 and that when he does the servo test he gets full movement shown on the screen.
I too would like to know what servos and if it is possible they are programmable perhaps?