Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba Service Turn Around

Old 05-28-2019, 01:37 PM
rjmonroe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Service Turn Around

Someone help me out here. In the past when I needed a repair for my Futaba transmitter I sent it to Hobbico and turn around was a week to ten days.

I just received this message from the Futaba Service repair center in Alabama.
We can definitely replace that (switch) for you. In order to send in your equipment you will need to print out the 1st page (which shows the Service Request Key) of your service ticket, put it on the box with your defective item and send the box to: Futaba Corporation of America ATTN: HRC Service Center 2681 Wall Triana Hwy Huntsville, AL 35824 Please be aware there will be about a 6-8 week turn around time once we receive your items.

6 to 8 weeks to replace a switch? That's half of the best flying where I live. I have been considering the 18SZ for an upgrade. Now I'm not so sure.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:04 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have passed this, and similar posts on other forums along to FutabaUSA. All I can say is they are working on it. Weak response I know, but they are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:52 PM
fatair96

Sent in a request and not only did it take almost 9 day just for a response, as I wanted a go though on my 14MZ as I have a new 18MZ and was told that "we can take a look but part as not all available for that radio" so why do they advertise as one they still service?? Oh ya the 6-8 WEEKS is still the norm!

Originally Posted by rjmonroe View Post
Someone help me out here. In the past when I needed a repair for my Futaba transmitter I sent it to Hobbico and turn around was a week to ten days.

I just received this message from the Futaba Service repair center in Alabama.
We can definitely replace that (switch) for you. In order to send in your equipment you will need to print out the 1st page (which shows the Service Request Key) of your service ticket, put it on the box with your defective item and send the box to: Futaba Corporation of America ATTN: HRC Service Center 2681 Wall Triana Hwy Huntsville, AL 35824 Please be aware there will be about a 6-8 week turn around time once we receive your items.

6 to 8 weeks to replace a switch? That's half of the best flying where I live. I have been considering the 18SZ for an upgrade. Now I'm not so sure.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:15 PM
FUTABA-RC

I continue to make the folks in Alabama aware of the situation. However, I just looked at the support website and it clearly denotes that the 14MZ is no longer serviceable.

FAQ ? FutabaUSA
Old 07-18-2019, 12:32 PM
fatair96

Bill,
Your correct on the site, I never looked there as the question was directed to the service center so I just assumed they still did, as I was told to send it in?

Thanks,
Steve

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC View Post
I continue to make the folks in Alabama aware of the situation. However, I just looked at the support website and it clearly denotes that the 14MZ is no longer serviceable.

FAQ ? FutabaUSA
Old 07-19-2019, 06:29 AM
FUTABA-RC

Not sure why they would tell you that, maybe they thought it was something that wold not require parts. You might try Radio South, but they may be in the same parts bind.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:21 AM
fatair96

Bill,
Sending it in Monday will let you know in about 6-8 weeks???

Thanks,
Steve

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC View Post
Not sure why they would tell you that, maybe they thought it was something that wold not require parts. You might try Radio South, but they may be in the same parts bind.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:59 AM
Dr. Bob

In regards to Futaba's turn around time on repairs.
I sent in my receiver for repair. Futaba received on October 8th. They advised me that it had been repaired on October 11th. It was shipped to me on October 14th.
That is six days. Really good service!
What ever problems they had, have been solved.
RM
Old 10-15-2019, 08:21 PM
FUTABA-RC

Good to know. Thanks for the update.