Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12 FGA Expo values and how to set expo

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 01:02 PM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 FGA Expo values and how to set expo

Hi, I have a 12 FGA I want to programe Expo on it. Iv never done it and the owners Manuel is worthless as far as explaining what and how features work on this radio. Also how to set up throttle to be more realistic. In other words, How to set it up so I don't get full power 3 clicks up from Idel. Like I said the Manuel is not user friendly at all. no explanation of what certain features do and how to set up those features.
Also Iv heard that Futaba uses negative numbering on expo if I want 30% on something I would set it as -30 not just 30 sorry to bother you but I'm so lost on this radio

Thanks
Steve

Last edited by SoCalSal; 05-05-2020 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 01:26 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

First, take a look at Page 74 of the manual.

Go to AFR and select the channel you want to adjust
On that screen leave it set to EXP1
Set the max servo movement using the RATE A & RATE B. This is basically the two max deflection for the servo.
Then below that you will see EXP A and EXP B. Here you adjust the expo, and yes, negative values flatten the curve around center. You will see the curves respond as you change them.

Using the AFR menu you can select THROTTLE and change the curve type to POINT and now you have 17 points you can adjust to get a linear throttle response.

Also refer to pages 123 and 124 for more info on setting curves, etc.

t12fg_manual.pdf
Old 05-06-2020, 08:30 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Thank you for your help.. It did help Still don't think much of the owners Manuel. Anyhow I have another issue you may have a answer to. Im using a R6014FS receiver on a SmartFly Turbo regulator. My issue is I cannot get the end point adjuster to work on any of the aileron servos. Just won't work. Is there a setting I may have triggered by accident that stops end points from being used? Im trying to get a Waco set up with four ailerons and just. can't get endpoint to work..Any Ideas?. Also one more thing and Ill go away. I'm using a pair of 2600mah 7.2volt batteries . Is this too much voltage for the recivier to use without that Smartly voltage regulator?. And what would;d you recomend for this setup

Thanks again
Old 05-06-2020, 08:43 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSal
Hi, Thank you for your help.. It did help Still don't think much of the owners Manuel. Anyhow I have another issue you may have a answer to. Im using a R6014FS receiver on a SmartFly Turbo regulator.
Take a look at your RX and confirm that there is a colored dot, most likely gold, on the antenna end of the RX. The 6014FS had a batch of RXs that were prone to heat issues. Mostly if left in direct sunlight under the canopy or next to pipes, etc. The "Gold Dot" versions did not have this issue. The RX was replaced by the 6014HS.

My issue is I cannot get the end point adjuster to work on any of the aileron servos. Just won't work. Is there a setting I may have triggered by accident that stops end points from being used? Im trying to get a Waco set up with four ailerons and just. can't get endpoint to work..Any Ideas?.
First, do you have each aileron on its own channel?

To confirm, you are adjusting the endpoints in the "End Point" menu, right? This is where endpoints need to be adjusted. Do not use the AFR menu to adjust total travel.
Make sure that the Travel (TRAV) value is less than the LIMIT value. Default is 100 and 135 on each side.

Also one more thing and Ill go away. I'm using a pair of 2600mah 7.2volt batteries . Is this too much voltage for the recivier to use without that Smartly voltage regulator?. And what would;d you recomend for this setup

Thanks again
That RX is fine without the regulator, and I am not a huge fan of regulators to begin with. One more thing that can fail.

And yes, the manuals are not great, that's why I'm here