Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Wing and Tail Type Futaba 16SZ with more servos

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 01:08 AM
Pilot RC super basic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing and Tail Type Futaba 16SZ with more servos

I apologize for too many questions but I have many doubts

I have Futaba TX 16SZ
I have Futaba RX R7008SB
My model have n. 8 standard DIGITAL Servos (NO S-BUS Servos) plus 1 standard DIGITAL Throttle servos.
My configuration is:
- single moving surface AILERON DX with two servos
- single moving surface AILERON SX with two servos
- single moving surface ELEVATOR DX with one servo
- single moving surface ELEVATOR SX with one servo
- single moving surface RUDDER with two servos in TAIL with Push-Pull rod system (when one servos push the other servos pull...so need I matching).

My questions are:
  • which configuration Need I to select for best control and for perfect Matching between servos for WING TYPE and TAIL TYPE in TX model type?
I have 4 servos for aileron but every couple (sx and dx) control single mobile surface ---no two surface)
I have 2 servos for ELEVATOR with 2 independent mobile surface for elevator on same direction
I have 2 servos for RUDDER with single mobile surface for elevator on opposite direction for control (push-pull control).
  • Also, If I probably I will connect the servos and the receiver to a POWERBOX System Champion SRS for matching procedure of mechanical linkage control and servo matching sincronization , WING TYPE and TAIL type MUST be different without powerbox?
  • Also according Model Type which mode link procedure (TX and RX) DO I use for (18ch fastTest mode 1 or mode 2 sbus?).
Thanks a lot .

Andrea
Old 05-21-2020, 12:27 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Hi - not sure I understand what you mean by the "DX" and "SX" designations, but I'll assume you are talking about multiple servos on aileron, elevator and rudder.

I cannot tell you anything about the Powerbox, but you may need to use that or something like the Futaba R7014SB receiver if you plan to have 9 servos attached to the receiver without using any servo "y"s or do not want to use the Powerbox.

I use the 7014 RX and select 2-aileron wing type and normal tail. In the FUNCTION menu I assign the left (or right, your choice) aileron servos to AILERON. I assign the other two aileron servos to AILERON2.

FIRST - make sure your servo and linkage geometry is as close to perfect as possible. Trying to correct a flawed mechanical set up is fairly difficult.

I assign BOTH elevator servos to ELEVATOR
I assign BOTH rudder servos to RUDDER.

This makes mixing, etc. easier to keep track of.

Then I use the sub-trim menu to center each servo and match the endpoints. I use an in-line amp meter like the Hangar 9 product to achieve the lowest possible amp draw.

I do this for each surface. More times than not this is all I need to do and is where I think you should start.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:13 PM
Pilot RC super basic

Thanks.
DX is right and SX is left.
Probably I will use Powerbox system to avoid Y cable, but I'd like setup correctly mechanical control first with TX.
So you suggest me to set the type of wings with 2 ailerons and not with 4 ailerons and for the elevator with 1 elevator only?
My doubt in this case is that to perform the precise setting of everything I can only manage the configuration by acting on the mechanical settings of the connections, but then the setpoints, travel and subtrim are unique for all the servos.
and for rx link I'll setup Mode1 or Mode 2 (with sbus enabled) for link procedure (TX and RX), even if servos are all digital standard no S-BUS servos?
Ok I will try this configuration.

thank you very much for your availability
Old 05-22-2020, 01:07 PM
FUTABA-RC

I am sure it is a language thing, but your first step is to get the geometry of the linkages as near as identical for each servo. This has nothing to do with the transmitter.

Again, using my suggested set up you will use the sub-trim and endpoint menu to fine tune the servos on each surface.

I usually designate one servo on each side as the "master" then use the sub-trim and end point to match the other servo to it. Do try to do both servos back and forth.

Subtrim and endpoints act on the actual servo connected to a specific channel. They do not care what surface/function they perform. When you set up dual rates, mixes, etc. that is all taken care of internally.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:50 PM
Pilot RC super basic

Thank you for your advice and sorry for my bad English.
Andrea
Old 05-25-2020, 12:08 PM
FUTABA-RC

No worries. Let me know if it worked out or not.