Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Great Planes/Futaba

18sz Right Slider not centering

Old 07-12-2020, 09:32 AM
3DRokie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18sz Right Slider not centering

Hello,

Recently my 18SZ right slider (RS) has lost it's center. I have tried tightening the slider tension screw and this now stabilizes the slider at 4% off center reasonably consistently. Unfortunately this means the ratchet tension is now very high. I cannot find a RS calibration option, does this exist somewhere?
I tried to disconnect the white plug on the slider circuit board, but it appears soldered in place. Is this a part I can replace, or do I need to send my transmitter in for repair? I would rather not be without my radio... as the weather is great at the moment...

Thanks,

Dan

Last edited by 3DRokie; 07-12-2020 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:04 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My first impulse is to say it sounds like the pot may be acting up. So you get the center beep, but the monitor shows off center?
Old 07-13-2020, 03:45 AM
3DRokie

Correct, I get a beep when it is at the center, but the notch that holds it in the center is at around 5-6%. It also has some play, so it has a 1-2% range where the notch holds it. Thanks, Dan
Old 07-13-2020, 06:53 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It sounds like the slider itself may have moved on the pot. At this point I think a trip to service is your best option.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:25 AM
3DRokie

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC View Post
It sounds like the slider itself may have moved on the pot. At this point I think a trip to service is your best option.
Ok, thank you. I took it apart and can confirm it seems to have some play for the pot to lever interface. The slider system looks a bit cheap and plasticky. I will take it to my service centre as I really love this transmitter and really do not want to miss it for longer than required.