Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

16SZ Program Mix

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 02:15 PM
pgrose110
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 16SZ Program Mix

In airplane mode, seeking ideas for creating a throttle hold switch for my models with gas engines. Switch would leave the engine idling while inhibiting the throttle stick. Basically a safety feature. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2020, 02:36 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by pgrose110
In airplane mode, seeking ideas for creating a throttle hold switch for my models with gas engines. Switch would leave the engine idling while inhibiting the throttle stick. Basically a safety feature. Thanks.
I use conditions to accomplish something similar. Although not sure why you want it locked at idle without the ability to adjust the stick.

Using conditions you can set up an idle only condition (for instance.)
Create an idle condition. Assign the ON/OFF to a switch/slider/dial of your choice.
Use the AFR menu, select the throttle channel and set to SNGL.
Then adjust the curve to be flat and offset to the low idle amount you want. Use a switch to turn the condition ON/OFF
I think this could be dangerous, even if using a delay, you will have to be careful about the position of the throttle stick when you turn the idle condition off.
Old 12-12-2020, 04:03 AM
pgrose110

Thanks and much appreciated. Believe this will set up the additional safety feature I'm pursuing. Agree on need to be mindful of throttle stick position when releasing the "throttle hold condition."
Old 12-12-2020, 09:54 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Most times I have seen throttle hold is on helis, rarely on airplanes. On all my electrics I have a throttle off condition to make sure I can never accidentally activate the motor.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:42 AM
pgrose110

Agree that "throttle hold" is a "must" on helis and have it on all my helis and electric airplanes. Decided to pursue this additional safety feature for the gas planes after a distraction resulted in unintentionally advancing the throttle when the plane was idling on the tarmac. That was enough drama for 2020.