Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

T32MZ to T18MZ trainer lead question

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 11:23 AM
JRIWMAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T32MZ to T18MZ trainer lead question

I recently purchased a T32MZ, I now want to use this Tx as a jet training master transmitter and use my old T18MZ as a wired buddy transmitter.

I have tested the voltage on the trainer lead outputs and it is 3.3V on the 32MZ, and 7.6V on the 18MZ!

My question is, which Futaba lead can I use for buddying in this configuration (if it is possible at all)?
Old 05-01-2021, 05:26 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

The voltage difference does not matter since the slave transmitter is not turned on, only the master.

This is the cord the manual says to use:

https://futabausa.com/product/mm-tc-fg/
Old 05-01-2021, 11:57 PM
JRIWMAC

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC
The voltage difference does not matter since the slave transmitter is not turned on, only the master.

This is the cord the manual says to use:

12FG Trainer Cord

But the master 32MZ is only powered by a 1S LiPo battery (3.7V) and the slave 18MZ is powered by a 2S LiPo battery (7.4V)! There is no way the 32MZ can provide enough voltage to power the 18MZ via the lead! Also, wasn't the 12FG lead referred to in the link made to support a 9.6V to 7.2V master/slave voltage difference? Please double-check and confirm this configuration as I don't wan't to risk damaging two very expensive transmitters!

Old 05-02-2021, 08:09 AM
FUTABA-RC

I simply wrote what is in the manual. The slave is not actually transmitting, it is only sending control signals to the master TX. I will confirm the manual is correct.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:15 AM
JRIWMAC

I borrowed a square-to-square lead (with no voltage stepdown) and it worked fine!
Also successfully used an R7108SB Rx in FassTest mode and used the SBus output as a wireless trainer into the T32MZ and it worked just fine too (just wish there was a cheaper Rx option for performing this task).
Old 05-11-2021, 08:26 AM
FUTABA-RC

Good to know. Glad it got worked out for you!