Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Transfer model data from T12FGA to T12KA transmitters

Old 05-02-2021, 05:08 AM
rcwarbirdman
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transfer model data from T12FGA to T12KA transmitters

I have just purchased a new T12KA transmitter and am wondering how easy is it to transfer all the model information from my trusted T12FGA transmitter? Do I need to purchase something to do the transfer, or is there an easy way of doing this?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:12 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

I will confirm this, however I think you need to do it manually. Keep in mind the 12K is SFHSS/TFHSS only as well. All the values, etc. will be identical, but should be confirmed.
Old 05-02-2021, 01:46 PM
rcwarbirdman

Appreciate any help you can provide. I know that both transmitters take an SD card, so I'm hoping this will be the easy way to transfer things over.
Old 05-02-2021, 03:18 PM
FUTABA-RC

Originally Posted by rcwarbirdman
Appreciate any help you can provide. I know that both transmitters take an SD card, so I'm hoping this will be the easy way to transfer things over.
I am nearly certain you cannot simply copy from the 12FG to the 12K using the SD card. I have also confirmed there is currently no converter available, so as I suspected you will need to do it manually. Goes pretty quick once you get it down.

Create Model
Set wing type, etc.
Set up functions
Set end points
Set subtrim
Then set all your mixes, etc. as they were in the 12FG.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:00 AM
rcwarbirdman

My new transmitter arrived and the first thing I noticed is that it needs a micro SD card instead of the standard sized SD card. So I've ordered one and will wait for that to arrive. I suspect that you may be right about the fact that I can't transfer information form one TX to the other. The manual says that the micro SD card needs to be initialized by the TX, so I have a feeling that even though I can do that first on the T12K, when I put that (in the adapter case) into the T12FG it's going to need initializing again...Oh well, one can only dream of a perfect world, even though these are from the same company they still aren't talking to each other...
Old 05-05-2021, 10:31 AM
FUTABA-RC

I have confirmed that the file types are not compatible. I suggest you do not try to use a card to transfer file, it won't work and could mess something up.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:37 AM
rcwarbirdman

One last question on the T12KA transmitter. Can I use my standard R617FS receivers with the transmitter? I'm looking through the manual and it doesn't seem to say how to link them.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:17 AM
FUTABA-RC

Originally Posted by rcwarbirdman
One last question on the T12KA transmitter. Can I use my standard R617FS receivers with the transmitter? I'm looking through the manual and it doesn't seem to say how to link them.
No. The 12K only does SFHHS and TFHSS