Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Old Futaba Magnum Jr problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 08:22 AM
rkf_bomb1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Futaba Magnum Jr problems

Hey all,

I have an old Futaba Magnum Jr that recently made it's way back to me after being handed down through the family's kids. It's being used in a 30+ year old Tamiya Frog. The Frog is all original from the mid-late 80's. The Futaba was probably bought late 80's maybe early 90's.

The controller and servos all look in great condition. I put all new batteries and checked all connections and everything looks good. When I run the car the servos just start doing what they want. I can control it to a degree, but the steering starts intermittently just doing what it wants as well as the throttle. I can't run the car because of it. Just wondering if there is anything I can take a look at. I would like to try and trouble shoot it before I go buy a new radio. Just introducing my son to RC and he really doesn't seem too interested at this point so I don't want to spend money on a new radio quite yet.

Appreciate any help,
Ron
Old 05-03-2021, 02:06 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Are you sure the TX and RX are on the same frequency?
Old 05-03-2021, 02:38 PM
rkf_bomb1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. I do have control of the car to a degree. It may get worse as the car gets further away. Haven't had a chance to get back out and test that yet though. I did check wiring for antenna and all that looks great too. I don't even know where to start.

Thanks,
Ron
Old 05-03-2021, 03:28 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

That is a really old radio and I cannot think of what else to r=tell you. Check connections, etc.