Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

GYA 553 Gyro

Old 08-30-2021, 03:37 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GYA 553 Gyro

Is there an ETA for the availability of the english language manual for the GYA 553 Gyro? There are instructions for doing setup via the T32MZ but it doesn't explain everything. In looking at the Japanese manual it has a section regarding the AVCS and Normal settings and the various gain % but it is pretty confusing trying to translate that. I am also wondering if the Gyro settings on the T32MZ apply to this Gyro. If so, which axis is Gyro 1, 2, 3 etc.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:08 AM
modtron

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have using one for the last few months and it works very well.
I have english manuals for the Gyro on its own, but it is very limited in what you can do in the basic set up.
It has much more to offer and easier to set up when used with the Gyro program in the 16iZ or 32MZ.
PM me your email address if you want a copy.

modtron
Oxford `UK
Old 08-31-2021, 06:10 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks Mod. Steve - no info yet on when it will be here in the US. If I hear anything I'll be sure to let you know.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:34 PM
FUTABA-RC

The 53 is now available

https://futabausa.com/product/gya553/
Old 09-06-2021, 07:01 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I flew the GYA 553 in my Avanti. I was really impressed. It seemed to lock in better than the Aura 8 that I was using. I tried two different modes. One was Normal Gyro setting on Ail, Elev, and Rud. The other I used Norm on Elev, Rudd, and AVCS on Aileron. That was really slick. The AVCS mode on Aileron really locked the Ailerons. Extended KE in windy conditions was solid. I donít want to take it out of the Avanti. I just may have to buy a couple more of these.
The following users liked this post:
FUTABA-RC (09-06-2021)
Old 09-06-2021, 07:42 PM
FUTABA-RC

Normal mode on is basically a simple rate gyro like the early tail rotor gyros on helis

AVCA is what Futaba calls "heading hold"