Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

"crowing a ultrastick 40"

Old 02-26-2004, 06:18 PM
intruder24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "crowing a ultrastick 40"

I was wondering how to get a Ultrastick 40 with quad flaps to be setup to crow,I have a Futaba 6exa radio,ch 1&6 are for the ailerons,and ch 5 is set for the flaps.Flaps are working fine but I can't seem to get the crow feature working correctly.When i turn the flap dial the alierons both move down.Any help for this newbie to mixing would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:14 PM
Denjones

Default RE: "crowing a ultrastick 40"

I have the 6XAS and it will not do the crow feature with just one switch. I have set it up so that it will do the crow with two switches though. I use channel 5 for the flaps and the airbrake to raise the ailerons.

Search the archives for crow US40 and you'll find it. If you can't drop me a line and I'll go thru the programming in my radio.

Denny Jones
Davison, MI
Flying Aces - Swartz Creek
Old 03-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Dart373
My Feedback: (2)

What kind of Y's and reversed Y's did you use. You have what sounds like what I want...
I want the following
Airbrakes to work as spoilerons, and flaps to be setup on channel 5 as on/off flaps, not from the knob. Is this correct ? Thanks.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:58 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

When I was using a 6XAS, I did the same thing that Denjones did......I would imagine that you could do the same thing with the 6EXA.......I had my ailerons on channels 1 and 6, and a Y-harness for the flaps on channel 5.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Dart373

I have a 6XAS... And you were able to create spoilerons correct with this setup?
Old 03-09-2004, 05:22 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

I don't have the radio anymore......but I know that I had "crow" set up on two switches........the airbrake switch would raise the ailerons and give it slight down elevator, and another switch dropped the flaps.....but they were not proportional....just one setting, since they were plugged into channel 5....I don't know if there was a way to make them proportional or not.......if there was, I never figured it out. Anyways, when both of these switches were activated, you had crow.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:32 PM
Dart373

Thats a lot of work. I think I would be happy if I could get flaps to work, and rig some sort of spoilerons. Anybody ? Fell free to chime in here. Thanks.