Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

what receiver can I use?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 12:53 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what receiver can I use?

I just got this question as a PM so I figured I'd repost it here as well.

What receiver can I use with my 6X?

Any current generation Futaba or Futaba-compatible FM or Futaba PCM1024 receiver will work fine with your 6X, as well as a 3PJ, 7U, 8U, 9C, 9Z, or any other Futaba FM/PCM1024 selectable transmitter.

Any Futaba FM only transmitter can work with any current generation Futaba FM receiver, such as the R127DF, the R123F, etc.

Any Futaba FM/PCM1024 can work with any current generation Futaba FM or PCM1024 receiver.

Any old Futaba PCM512 transmitter can talk only to old Futaba PCM512 receivers (no longer made) when in PCM mode. SOME old PCM512s can also select FM, in which case they can still use current FM equipment. (Note that the R105iP was a specialized receiver and worked only with one transmitter.)

Hope this helps!
Old 07-21-2002, 09:54 AM
berniem
My Feedback: (1)

Default recievers & chrystals? Dual conversion?

Thanks Ann Marie for all your postings as you are a wealth of info. Do I need a dual conversion chrystal to use with my Futaba TX6As for an additional receiver set up?
Old 07-21-2002, 01:19 PM
amcross

Bernie, the rx crystal much match the RX -- dual conversion receiver needs dual conversion crystal, and so on...
Old 07-24-2002, 02:32 PM
cassidy
My Feedback: (5)

Default Receivers

Like your answers on this type of question. However, I always note that in referring to Transmitters you rarely or ever mention the 5U series of transmitters that were sold in the early 90s and uses the plug in tx module (AM or FM) that is used in the 8u series. Between me and a buddy we have 6 of them and they work perfectly and can be used for AM/FM or PCM.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:41 PM
amcross

Hi, Cassidy,
Yes, that's true. The 5U is far enough back that i don't mention it very often, except when specifically listing module compatibility, as it did ship with the same module as the 7U, 8U, 9C.

There are so incredibly many radios in the history, it's impossible to mention even most of them. (Believe me, i'm working on my archive right now!) But i do try to mention the few older ones that have very high popularity still -- the 7U, the 8SS, etc.
Old 07-25-2002, 01:37 PM
pukinbuzzard

Thanks for the info AMC (and all the other forums you participate in)! one further question for me.....

I've currently got a 8uaps w/pcm rx. I'm planning on purchasing a 9Z in the fall. however, right now I need to buy another rx.

can I buy the 9 channel pcm rx and use it with the 8uaps until I get a 9Z? I assume that last channel not having data transmitted will just be ignored? is that correct?

thanks, David Soniat - tampa, Fl
Old 07-25-2002, 01:43 PM
amcross

Hi David, sure is! You can use ANY PCM1024, including the 3 channel, the 8, and 9s.