Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Transmitter Battery Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 12:23 AM
BillM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter Battery Question

I recently purchased a new 6EXA radio and I am quite pleased with it. However the transmitter battery doesnt seem to hold enough of a charge for a days flying. I get about 45 minutes from full charge to a 9.8 or 9.6 transmitter voltage reading. Several other pilots report about two hours flight time before they show similar voltages. Is it possibl that the battery in the transmitter is not in good shape.? The radio was purchased this past spring and has about 10 hours of use.

BM
Old 09-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Krysta

Default RE: Transmitter Battery Question

Hi Bill,

If you have not cycled the battery, I would suggest trying that a few times to see if it helps. Cycling helps prolong the life of the battery and keeps it in good condition.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Old 09-13-2004, 09:18 PM
BillM

Default RE: Transmitter Battery Question

Hi Krysta
Thank you for your prompt reply to my question. I did cycle the battery but only once. Today I had a chance to talk to two other owners of this model radio and they too experience rapid voltage drop to about 9.9 or 9.7 volts. But the battery seems to hold at that voltage for a very long time so perhaps I was concerned prematurely. In my case I would stop flying at 9.7 volts. That usuallu happened after about 4 fairly long flights. Since I usually have more than one radio and several planes at the field it was no real problem. I'll fly it more now.

Thanka again.
Bill M.