Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9C and swash set up on micro heli

Old 11-07-2005, 11:21 PM
joffacn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9C and swash set up on micro heli

Hi

On my micro heli I have set up the servos (CCPM) and arms the best I can BUT the Ail and Pitch are angled in while the Elev is vertical on a SR3 set up.

When changing pitch from full negative to full positive I get a bit of front/back tilt caused by this geometry. I have increased the Endpoints UP/DOWN of the Elev servo (115) and this has helped.

Is there any other adjustment I should try?

Thanks Jeff
Old 11-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 9C and swash set up on micro heli

Unless you can get all of the pushrods at exactly 90 degrees to the swash plate at neutral and the pushrods 90 degress to the servo arm at neutral, you're going to get some coupling with pitch and roll. It's almost unavoidable.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:13 PM
joffacn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thankyou for the reply. I understand and agree.

What is the best way of using the adjustments in the 9C to minimise the coupling effects caused by less than perfect geometry?

Jeff
Old 11-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First, as mentioned, use the mechanical setups as much as possible. When you have the sticks set for hovering, for example, make sure the swashplate's flat. Now go to full up colletive. Adjust the endpoints to get the swashplate as flat as possible. Do the same for full down collective. this will minimize the effects, but you won't be able to get rid of them entirely.