Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Crystal for R114F explanation

Old 06-02-2006, 09:22 AM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crystal for R114F explanation

Hi, I have a new Futaba flite pak on the way,unfortunately, the Crystal will be,showing up, 3 weeks later.[&o]Not sure why,there would be,such a big delay.Delema is;I`ll have a Brand new, "useless" flight pak,untill the crystal finally arrives.I know this receiver ,is supposed to use, a "Short" Crystal .Can I temporarily, use, the crystal, from my FP-R127DF reciever?I Know there`s an overall length issue,but will it plug into the R114F, and work ,aside from the crystal hanging out the side ,of the case a bit.The 2 recievers are on the same "LO" band.If this is not"do-able" would you mind to explain ,why not.I`m kind of curious/hopeful.... Thanks DAVE B.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Crystal for R114F explanation

It's not the size of the exterior that's the difficulty. "Short" refers to the electrical properties inside, in the crystal, itself. The crystal used in your R127DF receiver will not work with the R114F receiver. The R127DF is a dual-conversion receiver, and the R114F is single-conversion. They used different crystals as a result that are not compatible with each other.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:12 AM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crystal for R114F explanation

Ok BAX. Thanks for clearing that up,for me .DARN,,I`ll just have to wait, for the correct crystal to arrive,.Dave B.