Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9z: ATV vs AFR

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 07:51 AM
stek79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9z: ATV vs AFR

Hello guys,
I've read the docs about ATV and AFR, but a question still remains.

First of all, let me say that my target is to reach the better servo resolution, being a pattern flier (small throws).

I've read a post of Chip Hyde in which he suggests to keep ATV at 100% and maximixe AFR instead (140%). Now, I used to do the opposite (max ATV and AFR at 100%).

The question is: are the two approaches equivalent, or not? Pros and cons of them?

Thanks, great work as always.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 9z: ATV vs AFR

In all reality, it makes no difference how you set up the throws. High ATV and low AFR or low ATV and high AFR work out to be the same. The servo moves the same amount, so its command is the same. You can see that on a transmitter in the servo monitor window, or on the servo by watching its movement with a pointer. Besides, with a 1-inch servo wheel, you'll be trying to see the difference between about 300 steps in 60 degrees of resolution...sorry, you won't notice any when the model's in the air.

However, if you feel that you are getting better resolution, that makes you feel better about your setup. That will add a bit of confidence, and you'll fly a hair better. In reality, the mechanics resolve far better than the human end, regardless of how you set it up.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:44 PM
darkvader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 9z: ATV vs AFR

Hi Bax
The limit of +/- 155 on the ATV range of the 14MZ, will correspond exactly to +/- 60 ΒΊ on servo side?
The 2048 14MZ Steps correspond to the Tx Stick range?