Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

IMAC Plane Setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:11 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMAC Plane Setup

OK... I just ordered a 12Z. I'll be putting the latest version on it when it shows up.

I want to get my IMAC plane set up quickly, but the manual doesn't really have an example of what I want.

I will be using the Multiplex PPM RXs I already have in the plane... not changing them out at this point. One RX is 9 channels and the other is 12 channels.

With the update that allows 12 PPM channels, will all 7 wing types also be allowed?

So, I have 2 servos per aileron. I want each plugged into it's own TX port.
-What is the best way (wing types, etc...) to make sure both servos get exactly the same signal at the same time?

I also have 2 elevator servos... it would be handy to have them on seperate channels...
-What it the best way to do that in light of the aileron servo requirements?

Thanks,
Jason
Old 08-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: IMAC Plane Setup

You would want to set up the airplane with the "2 aileron" wing. That will give you a setup with Aileron and Aileron 2. Go into the Function Menu and then set up Aileron3 and Aileron4 on channels 7 and 8. Set the stick and trim of each to the aileron stick and trim. Now you set up your left aileron using Aileron and Aileron2, and your right aileron using Aileron3 and Aileron4.

Set up each servo's movement in the ATV menu. Do not adjust the servos in the AFR menu. You use AFR to adjust the aileron Function, and the ATV to adjust each channel's centering and throw.

Your elevators will be on channels 1 and 2. Again, set the throws and centering of the channels in the ATV menu.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:01 AM
sillyness

Thanks!

Will differential and mixing function properly if set up as such?

If Aileron is normally the left aileron and Aileron 2 is normally the right aileron and I dial in differential, Aileron 2 would move less with left stick and vice versa for right stick.. this would cause binding if both were on the same aileron. Does the radio recognize the change in setup when adding the extra aileron channels and change the way it applies differential? (BTW... this is one of my biggest complaints about the 10X).

Thanks again and cheers!
Jason
Old 08-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Bax

Don't use the Aileron Differential function. Just set up the servo throws in the ATV menu. If you need to change the amount of differential, you'll have to work with all four channels individually.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:35 AM
sillyness

Well that kind sucks.

Is using the 4-Aileron/4-flap model type and re-assigning the flap channels as other functions an option?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Bax

OK, we set up the 2-aileron, 2-flap wing type. We set the flap control to NULL, and then turned on the Ail->Camberflp mixer. We set the left and right values for Flp and Flp2 to 100%. We then went into the Aileron Differential mixer and set up a differential. This worked out nicely.

If you want to have flap action, then you'll have to set a control for Flap (not Flap2). The middle of the contro's movement will be center for the flaps. Move it one way and flaps go down, move the other and flaps go up.

Set one aileron servo and one flap servo on the L.H. aileron, and then set the other aileron and flap servos to the R.H. aileron.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:12 PM
underdw
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll need to do this for my next plane.
I was thinking I could/would set the 2 Left wing servos to the Ail function, 2 Right wing servos to the Ail2 function.
Then set ATV for each servo/channel.
Won't this work? Seems like Ail Diff should work with this setup too.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Bax

That will work, too.

Many ways to get the job done. The transmitter is limited by your imagination!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:34 AM
underdw
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It truly is a marvel of programming flexibility.
We had a web exchange a few months ago about using a switch to go from Mode 2 to Mode 4. Turns out that works quite nicely for me.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:44 PM
sillyness

underdw,

I didn't know I could do that. Seems to be the best by far. No reason for flaps on an IMAC plane!

Thanks everyone for responding. Hopefully I'll be able to get this radio up and running for a contest in a few weeks!

Cheers,
Jason