Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

RCU Review: Futaba TM7/R607 2.4GHz combo

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 12:55 PM
hlindrud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCU Review: Futaba TM7/R607 2.4GHz combo

Question: About the newly Posted Review, of FASST 2.4 GHZ TM/RX

It is important to note here that the R607 and all the Futaba 2.4 receivers have 2 antenna and they should be oriented 90 degrees to one another. The actual antenna are the uninsulated wires at the end of the 2 coaxial cables. It does not matter so much where the coax is as long as they do not cross.

If you mount the receiver with the Antenna pointing to the Side of aircraft, and rout the antenna forward along side of each other, and continue one forward for the silver part is on the side of the aircraft, The other antenna make a 90 degree turn across the Aircraft body. You will have the Silver parts at 90 degrees from each other.

Would this be considered ! Crossing the Coaxial Cables? I now have 5 Receivers at least 3 of my planes are done this way. Haven’t had any problems YET. Is this OK to Do
Old 09-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: RCU Review: Futaba TM7/R607 2.4GHz combo

It's best to keep the receiver antennas apart. You want the tips (which is the actual antenna) as far apart as possible and at 90 degrees to each other.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:49 AM
hlindrud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's best to keep the receiver antennas apart. You want the tips (which is the actual antenna) as far apart as possible and at 90 degrees to each other. {BY BAX}

Clarifation: So Do you mean that the 2 coaxial cables, Are ok to Run along side each other for a short Distance, before getting the actual antennas at 90 degrees?

Note: If you look inside the receivers, you will see the coaxial cables actually touch each other, above the Square IC chip before exiting the receiver case.

I have seperated the coaxials at least the same distance where they exit the receiver case, on all my aircraft.

Have a GOOD DAY
GUY who is Sold on FASST SYSTEMS
Old 09-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The tips are the actual antennas. The rest is a co-axial cable taking the signal into the receiver. You want the actual antennas as far apart as possible and still at a 90-degree angle to each other. This give them the best possible exposure to the transmitter antenna.