Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Need to set up a throttle/elevator mix on the 9Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Aerobat
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to set up a throttle/elevator mix on the 9Z

I just picked up a nearly new Futaba 9Z WC2 and I'm using it to fly aerobatic planes with ailerons on 1 and 7, elevators on 2 and 5. I've read the manual and FAQs and have most everything figued out. But I'm stumped on how to set up a mix that will give me a touch of down elevator when the throttle is closed.

I set up an offset mix, but it's going backward - I get elevator movement when the throttle is in any position EXCEPT closed. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 11-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Aerobat

Default RE: Need to set up a throttle/elevator mix on the 9Z

From the lack of response, I assume it isn't possible to do the throttle/elevator mix - that's strange, given that it's easy to do on my trusty old 8U.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:06 PM
BrunoCH

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

This is the way I do it on the Zap WC1:
After setting the mix, I program the throttle stick to be the on/off switch for mix. To do this, go to the Pmix screen and select SWT and STK. Select your throttle stick (usually J3), put the throttle where you want the mix to be activated and press SET. Make sure that, on the graph, ACTIVE is on the bottom of the travel, if not use the +/- key. It should work now.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:19 PM
charrua
My Feedback: (47)

Mark what would be the point of having down Elevator when the Throttle is closed,,if you dont mind me asking???
Old 11-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Aerobat

A lot of guys do it, it keeps the plane from pulling out of downlines. Someone PMd me with the proper setup.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:16 AM
charrua
My Feedback: (47)

ORIGINAL: Aerobat

A lot of guys do it, it keeps the plane from pulling out of downlines. Someone PMd me with the proper setup.

So how do you start the engine back again if you have your throttle close on downline?????
I guess what you ment then is how do you give down ele. to idle throttle position right!!!