Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Servos Won't Center

Old 03-15-2008, 12:49 AM
BeFlyin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos Won't Center

I have an older 4 ch Skysport and wonder if there are any adjustments in the radio for centering the servos when I let off the control. I mean when push the elevator up and let go the servo goes past center just enough to create a pitch down. Same thing in the other direction and also with the rudder. I have HiTech HS81 servos.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Rodney

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servos Won't Center

The most probable cause is drag somewhere in the system, could be sticky hinges, hinges missaligned, sticky push rods, bowing pushrods, sloppy holes (enlarged holes at either the control horn or servo horn) or it could be dirty or corroded connections. If you have any extensions, demate and remate a few times to scrup the connections. An old well used transmitter with worn gimbles could also be a cause. Get one of your more experienced friends to help you check it out.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Servos Won't Center

If you remove the servos from the model, how well do they center? If they center properly, then you'll have to check the control systems in the model to make sure that they have absolutely free and unrestricted movement. It's common for the controls linkages/hardware in the model to have some kind of binding, which affects how well the controls will center.