Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Blade cp+ w/ gy401 HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:15 PM
grayle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade cp+ w/ gy401 HELP!

I have a blade cp+ and I'm using a gy401 gyro. I set it up as the instructions dictated. When I throttle up, the tail wags it doesn't matter if I'm in hh mode or rate. also the gain setting has no affect. I disconnected the main and tail motor connected my multi-meter directly to the tail out put from the E-flight 3-in-1. Without moving the heli or giving any rudder input I gave it about 1/3 throttle. The meter read 9.0 volts and about every 1.5 sec the voltage would drop .6 volts or so!? I did the same experiment w/o the gy401 and the voltage remained constant. With the gy401 setup I have tried altering the proportional,delay,gain to no avail...

Any help or ideas(I'm fresh out) would be helpful.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Blade cp+ w/ gy401 HELP!

You may be trying to get incompatible products to work with each other. How does the gyro work with a regular receiver that's powered by a 4-cell battery pack? The 3-in-1 may not be giving the gyro good power or good signals so that it works properly.

The GY401 also needs a 4.8V power supply, or the equivalent of 4 NiCd cells. If your power supply is different, then you will have problems, too.