Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14mz steering wheel trim

Old 12-04-2008, 09:37 AM
fehringer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14mz steering wheel trim

Hello
I have set up the steering wheel servo for my Boomerang Sprint jet as a mix with rudder master and aux4 slave - is there a way to use for example T6 or LD to trim the steering conveniently for a straight run without having to go into the subtrim function?
Many thanks
Gerhard
Old 12-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 14mz steering wheel trim

In the 14MZ, you just go into the Linkage Menu and then select "Function". You can set any control to operate the AUX4 channel. If you want a trim only, then just set up a control in the "Trim" column. When you select a button, knob, or slider, you can then press the "Trim" feature and adjust how much it will move the channel each time you give a bit of trim.

The 12Z and 12FG will also allow you to do this, too. The screens and button-press look a little different, but you achieve the same result by using the same, basic procedure.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:19 PM
fehringer

excellent, many thanks!
Gerhard
Old 01-18-2009, 03:39 AM
fehringer

Hello
I have a further question in this context - I have set up the steering servo now as a function as described above, and I have the breaks as a mix on the down elevator. I have currently three conditions (precision, normal flight, 3D) with different throws on my 14mz.
How can I set the model up so that when the retracts go up, the steering servo and the breaks are turned off (I have the retracts simply on switch E, currently not tied into any conditions) and when the retracts go down again they obviously come on again?
Can I get away with a simple mix with master as switch E (but haven't figured out how to do this yet), or do I need to set up conditions for achieving this?
Many thanks
Gerhard
Old 01-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Bax

I'd do it as a condition. The last condition would be my "takeoff and land" condition. I'd then copy that condition exactly to the other conditions, and have it activated when the gear switch is in the "DOWN" position. In that condition, I'd set a pmix on the nosewheel steering channel with itself as both master and slave. Then set the mix rates to the opposite of the rates you have set in the AFR of that channel. That will give you zero movement. Set the offset parameter to set the servo's position when you activate the mix. Do the same with the brake channel.

Set the gear and brake channels to "single" in that condition, but leave them in "group" in the other conditions. This means that your other two conditions will have the brake and steering mixes in place when the model's in the air, but when the gear goes down, the brakes and nosewheel steering are turned on.

Having your takeoff and land condition as the last on the list makes it the priority condition. That means that you can have any other condition activated, but if you lower the gear, that condition takes priority. Having it on the gear switch will keep it away from the other conditions. You want it to be turned "OFF" with gear up so that the other conditions will work.

This is one way to do it. There are most certainly other ways because the transmitter can do so much!

Old 01-19-2009, 04:14 PM
fehringer

Bax
many thnks for the excellent and fast reply - I have just tried what you suggested and I am getting the understanding of how this will work. The one problem that I have is that when I have the steering to steering mix on (ie in the gear up position) I cannot cancel out the steering. I have linear movement, 100 to 100, no subtrim nor speed set, the mix I set up has -100 to -100, and if I move the stick slowly then everything works ie the steering servo is quiet. However, if I move the stick faster I get movement like a backlash. I figured out that the most likely culprit could be the servo speed, but everything is set to 0 in and 0 out. Do you have any idea how to fix this?
Again many thanks
Gerhard
PS sorry just noticed something else - I get now everytime on transmitter power on a warning that the takeoff and landing is not my default condition. If I say then that I would like to continue, the RF is off. Is there any way to overrule this ie set takeoff and landing to default condition?
Old 01-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Bax

Yes, the transmitter wants Condition #1 to be the "default" condition. Unfortunately, Condition #1 is not the "priority" condition. If you set Condition #1 as the "Takeoff/Land" condition, then you might be able to override it with another condition if the switches aren't set properly.

If the transmitter warns you of a "non-default" condition, you can just set the switches to the condition #1 position and it will then activate normally. If you use my suggestion, above, then you want to activate the "Takeoff/Land" condition before you turn on the model, or the gear may retract and cause the model to flop to the ground!