Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Trainer switch problem on 10c

Old 01-03-2009, 06:14 PM
bfreee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trainer switch problem on 10c

Hi Tech support,

I have the same problem that has been asked here several times. This questions has never been resolved for this post: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_80...tm.htm#8064133

and there was never an "answer" per se on this post as the guy sent his radio back & therefor we do not know what the problem was or if the new radio was the fix:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_79...tm.htm#7990307

My issues are exactly the same as these guys. I cannot get my trainer switch function to say "on" no matter what I do. I move the trainer function to "off" from "inh" and then move my trainer switch but it never says "on". I've tried several things but nothing seems to work. When I set trainer function to "off" (should say on when you flip the spring loaded trainer switch), my snap roll menu says "trainer switch on" which I think it is supposed to do because the manual says that the snap roll will not work when the trainer switch is active. The opposite is also true however, If you set snap roll to "on" from "inh" then go to your trainer menu, you get "snap roll switch on" and there is no menu access. The only difference I can see is that while you are in the snap roll menu you can toggle it from "on" to "off" with the snap roll switch. But when you are in the trainer menu it always says "off" no matter what you do with the trainer switch. As I said, the top post I refered to never got an answer that I know off and the other post never really was finalized as far as outcome. I think it is something stupid, but I haven't been able to figure out what it is. I bought my radio in the US. The other guys that were having problems all were from out of the country. Please help me here.

Thanks, Bruce.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Trainer switch problem on 10c

Do you have the transmitter connected to another transmitter with a trainer cord? That's necessary for the system to work properly.

The second link you posted about refers to a modeler outside of the U.S. We'd have no information on transmitters sent to service centers outside of North America.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:23 PM
bfreee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trainer switch problem on 10c

That was part of the problem, and I now have it working. The problem was two fold. When I connected my Hitec eclipse 7 to my 10c, initially it worked great, then I changed model memory on the Hitec radio. All the sudden it didn't work anymore. I was able to correct the problem by taking the problem model off of QPCM (hitec's version of PCM) and put it on PPM. After that it started to say "on" again. I don't know it this happens with futaba radios yet, I haven't tried it. Here's a link to the other thread which is pertinent to this. This should help alot of people find an answer to this problem quicker if we link it. Thanks for the help, I know you have a thankless job, but we all do appreciate your time & help.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8314295/tm.htm
Bruce.