Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

2.4 FASST with JR Digitals

Old 04-11-2009, 06:24 PM
dirtypool
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 FASST with JR Digitals

I have been trying to find this info online but after pages and pages of search results I still cant find it. So here goes:

I just replaced my 9C with a 12FG 2.4 radio. I have a 100cc Extra that has all JR digital servos in it. 4 8411's on wing and 2 on elev. 8711 on rudder.

Is there a problem with using these servos on my 14 channel 2.4 receiver?

What if I use a servo power isolator? Would that help? I have what appears to be an i4c servo power isolator that was working on the 72mhz receiver.

I installed the new rx and the servos in my right wing were not working normally and the servos seemed to buzz more than I remembered. (I havent flow this plane since last year) I don't know if that was a rx/servo compatibility issue or what.

Would a SmartFly power system work with this receiver?

Or should I just run one relion pack and voltage regulator with everything directly into the rx?

Thanks

Rob
Old 04-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 FASST with JR Digitals

Digital servos will buzz any time there's a load on them. That indludes when the model is not flying because gravity tends to pull the elevators and ailerons down.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:14 PM
dirtypool
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bax.

Do you know which servos do not work with the 14 channel FASST Rx?
Old 04-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We don't have a list. We only know that some older servos won't work with the R6014FS receiver. Here's the advisory:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7365443/tm.htm