Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Thoughts on buying a used Futaba Tx?

Old 04-16-2009, 05:21 AM
Albatross1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on buying a used Futaba Tx?

HI Bax or Krysta,

I am thinking of picking up a used 9CAP for a number of reasons and I am wondering if you could give me the benefit of your advice?

- Never bought a used Tx before, do you have any advice to help me check out what I'll be getting? eg. questions to ask etc?

- where can I get the orig box and the packing for a used tx, eg. for shipping to factory?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Dave
Old 04-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Thoughts on buying a used Futaba Tx?

If you know the history of the unit, then you have all the info you need. Otherwise, check it over very carefully, and do some operational and range checking. You may need to purchase a new battery pack for the unit if it's an older one or if you have any doubts about its condition.

As far as the original box is concerned, that's something we'd not have. If you must send it, just use a sturdy corrugated box and wrap the transmitter in bubble-wrap with lots of padding around it.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Albatross1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thoughts on buying a used Futaba Tx?

Thanks Bax. Fair comments.
Dave