Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

8U to 9C model memory transfer

Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 PM
whstlngdeath
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8U to 9C model memory transfer

I need to transfer my model memories from a 8U to a 9C. Since the Campac module won't help me transfer the info, I have begun the arduous task of manually transfering all my models. My question is this: if I input each model's settings, number by number into the new radio, will the settings be identical? In other words, if model "1" has a expo setting of -30%, and a low-rate setting of 65% in aileron, will inputting -30% expo and 65% low rate in the new radio give me the same feel and throw of the old radio? My plan was to just copy the model settings number by number to the new radio; or should I just start from scratch setting up on the new radio? Another thing, why on earth did Futaba not keep the same protocols, or language between all their radios when it comes to using the Campac modules. It sure would have made things a lot easier...

Jesse
Old 09-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 8U to 9C model memory transfer

You can transfer models from an 8U to a 9C, but not the reverse. When you have a CamPac that's been used in an 8U transmitter, and you want to transfer models to a 9C, DON'T reformat the CamPac when the 9C asks you. If you reformat, you'll lose everything stored on the CamPac. You can plug it in and then use the models directly from the CamPac, or save them to the 9C's internal memory.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:05 AM
CaptHal
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to transfer from 8U to 9C and the 9C would not recognize the CAMPac from the 8U.
If this is not workable is there a guide to Copying all the programming manually from *u to manual input to the 9C...a form or guide?
Thanks, hal
Old 06-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There is no guide to copying information from one transmitter to another. You just go into one function in transmitter A and then go into the similar function in transmitter B and make the settings the same. Please note that the values won't give you exactly the same movement on the model's controls. That's because the transmitters will be slightly different. You'll have to fine-tune the values to get the exact settings you need.

It will likely be as quick to just program the new transmitter.