Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Scanner says radio is on two frequencys???

Old 07-13-2003, 01:19 AM
Jeff396
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scanner says radio is on two frequencys???

Hello,

Lately we've been having quite a few planes go in for mysterious reasons. Today they decided to break out the scanner after two lost planes. We found that three radios of six would be show on the scanner under two different frequencies. All three radios happen to be Futabas. My radio, a T6XA, which is channel 49 also came up on the scanner on channel 58. Do you have a possible explanation as to why this is happening and should we be thinking about replacing out crystals??

Jeff
Old 07-15-2003, 08:32 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We're not sure about a scanner. You can try two receivers on the two channels and see if the transmitter is affecting both. If it is, there's more than a crystal involved. Something else is also not working properly, and the output section of the transmitter needs to be gone through and repaired.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Jeff396
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot to mention, we also took the 49 crystal out of my transmitter (the one that showed up on channel 49 and 58) and swapped it with a crystal out of a radio that was not reporting on two channels. The problem then moved to the other radio and mine was then perfectly normal and reporting only on one channel.

This really has me concerned. Is it even possible for a crystal to behave like that jumping that many channels or is it more likely that our scanner has some problems on certain channels?

Jeff
Old 07-16-2003, 01:58 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We can't say, since we're not able to look at the items involved. The transmitters/crystals need to be checked on a spectrum analyzer, and tuned/repaired.

Again, if receivers on the two channels are not affected simultaneously, then there may not be a problem with the systems, but we'd strongly suggest getting the units looked at by qualified service personnel.