Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

8FG dual aileron question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:47 AM
DNR
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8FG dual aileron question

I am setting up my 8FG to accomodate dual ailerons and flaps operated by one servo. In the model type mode I selected two ailerons and one flap because I am using only one servo to operated the flaps. When I do this selection only one aileron works and not both. I am connected to channels 1 snf 6 for ailerons and 6 does not work but the flaps on channel 5 are working fine. If I select 2 ailerons and 2 flaps both ailerons will work and also both work with just 2 ailerons. Why won't both work with the two and one selection?

Don
Old 06-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 8FG dual aileron question

When we set up our transmitter, we found that the standard 2 Aileron, 1 Flap model setup put the ailerons on channels 1 & 7. Flaps were on channel 6. However, using the Function section of the Linkage Menu, you can put Aileron and Aileron2 on any two channels you desire, then move other channels to suit, and put flaps on whatever channel and control you want. So I made a model where Ailerons were on channels 1 & 2, Elevator on channel 3, Rudder on channel 4, Throttle on channel 5, and Flaps on channel 8 (just for grins). I used LS for the flap control.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:37 PM
DNR
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Bax.

That is interesting information. I currently have it working with the two aileron-2 flap setup and will stick with it.....I was just curious what was going on with the other setup.

Don
Old 06-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We'd not know why your system has a difficulty. We set one up just as you described, and it worked perfectly. We also did one as we described. Good to go, too.