Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12Z and lost model settings

Old 07-06-2010, 11:37 AM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12Z and lost model settings

I've got the 12Z and had a weird issue pop up yesterday. I've got ~14 models programed into this radio and have use it successfully up until early this year. I went to the field yesterday with my Cap and turned on the radio and plane and all the control surfaces deflected full or part way. I thought I plugged in the aileron extensions wrong, checked and ended with the same problem. Long story short, I noticed all the channel settings were set to a new plane and my old ones were all lost. I read a story here about 3 years ago about a guy experiencing something similar. I was pretty ticked, cause I hate to reprogram a plane. Interestingly, I had a second plane with me and sure enough, the elevator on that plane was reversed.

I haven't checked any of my other planes, but this doesn't seem right. Also noticed battery not holding a charge. The meter quickly dropped from 100% to about 69% with less than 5 minutes or so of use. I can live with the Tx battery, but the lost settings is a surprise. Thoughts?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12Z and lost model settings

We'd not know why, unless there's some kind of problem in the memory chips in the transmitter. You may want to send it in for a look-see by the service techs.