RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Futaba Radios Direct support forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/futaba-radios-direct-support-forum-125/)
-   -   Futaba Sbus questions on TF Giant P40 setup (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/futaba-radios-direct-support-forum-125/11626235-futaba-sbus-questions-tf-giant-p40-setup.html)

TampaRCGuy 01-31-2016 07:02 AM

Futaba Sbus questions on TF Giant P40 setup

Hi Bill,

I have a few questions on a Sbus and conventional setup on a TF Giant Scale P-40.

Current equipment:
Futaba R6208SB Sbus Rx
Futaba 12Z Tx
2 Futaba S9155 Digital servo's
2100 LiFe 6.6V batteries to power the radio system

The P-40 requires 2 aileron, 2 flap, 2 elevator servos, 1 throttle and 1 Channel for the Robart Electric retracts.

My plan is the following:

4 Futaba Sbus servo's, 2 on flap and 2 on elevator connected to the 6 way hub.(100-150 oz torque each servo)
2 Futaba S9155 servo's on the elevator, 1 Futaba 3151 on throttle, 1 S9155 on rudder, and the electric Robart retracts, all connected conventionally to the R6208SB rx. The retracts will have its own battery, possible shared with the ignition Life battery or 2nd rx battery.

Here are my questions:

Do I need a separate battery for the 6 way hub in the wing? Is the wire gauge coming off the Sbus port capable of handling the 4 100 + oz servo's in the wing without a battery connection?

The LiFe batteries have 2 connections off the battery. One idea is to run dual batteries, each battery making a connection to the rx (redundancy and parallel capacity) and running the 2nd line off each battery to the 6 way hub in the wing.

Since the hub only has 6 ports, 4 servo and 1 Sbus back to the rx, that leaves 1 port left. Can I run the Flaps off a standard Y harness out of the hub to free up a port? Will the 2 servo's still be adjustable individually?

Thanks and I appreciate your help.

Honestly, I am trying to avoid buying another 14 ch rx when I have the R6208SB available to use.

Evan

Bax 02-01-2016 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by RC Accessory (Post 12170185)
Hi Bill,

I have a few questions on a Sbus and conventional setup on a TF Giant Scale P-40.

Current equipment:
Futaba R6208SB Sbus Rx
Futaba 12Z Tx
2 Futaba S9155 Digital servo's
2100 LiFe 6.6V batteries to power the radio system

The P-40 requires 2 aileron, 2 flap, 2 elevator servos, 1 throttle and 1 Channel for the Robart Electric retracts.

My plan is the following:

4 Futaba Sbus servo's, 2 on flap and 2 on elevator connected to the 6 way hub.(100-150 oz torque each servo)
2 Futaba S9155 servo's on the elevator, 1 Futaba 3151 on throttle, 1 S9155 on rudder, and the electric Robart retracts, all connected conventionally to the R6208SB rx. The retracts will have its own battery, possible shared with the ignition Life battery or 2nd rx battery.

Here are my questions:

Do I need a separate battery for the 6 way hub in the wing? Is the wire gauge coming off the Sbus port capable of handling the 4 100 + oz servo's in the wing without a battery connection?

The option is your's. You might want to use a heavy-duty extension between the receiver and hub if you're going with one batteyr pack.

The LiFe batteries have 2 connections off the battery. One idea is to run dual batteries, each battery making a connection to the rx (redundancy and parallel capacity) and running the 2nd line off each battery to the 6 way hub in the wing.

Since the hub only has 6 ports, 4 servo and 1 Sbus back to the rx, that leaves 1 port left. Can I run the Flaps off a standard Y harness out of the hub to free up a port? Will the 2 servo's still be adjustable individually?

If you have only one port left, but really need two, a "Y" connector will do the job. When you program for the bus, you're telling the servo which channel it's getting commands from. The bus has the same info train on all ports and the servos take what portion of the info train they need.

Thanks and I appreciate your help.

Honestly, I am trying to avoid buying another 14 ch rx when I have the R6208SB available to use.

Evan

See my replies in BOLD, above.