RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Futaba Radios Direct support forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/futaba-radios-direct-support-forum-125/)
-   -   Futaba Model ID Information (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/futaba-radios-direct-support-forum-125/11678785-futaba-model-id-information.html)

FUTABA-RC 05-19-2020 09:17 AM

Futaba Model ID Information

FUTABA MODEL ID INFORMATION

As many are now aware Futaba now has a Model ID feature. The following is some important information to keep in mind regarding the new feature and its use.

Model ID became available when the 32MZ was released. It was recently added to the 16SZ/18SZ transmitters in the Version 3.9E software update. This feature now enables models using the feature to ignore commands from other models linked to the same transmitter when using the FASSTest or T-FHSS protocols. This feature prevents you flying with the wrong model selected when using FASSTest/T-FHSS receivers once Model ID is enabled.

Model ID is ONLY available when using either 12 or 18-Channel FASSTest or T-FHSS protocols. It does not work with FASST or S-FHSS receivers.

Once you download and install the new Version 3.9E software on your 16SZ or 18SZ you need to relink all your existing FASSTest/T-FHSS receivers to activate the feature. If you are setting up new model with a previously un-linked or new receiver you simply need to link it as before.

Once downloaded and installed Model ID cannot be turned off. It is a passive feature that is enabled by installing the new 3.9E update. It is not able to be selected for certain FASSTest/T-FHSS models. It is an all or nothing feature with those receiver types.

Existing model procedure:

Go to LINKAGE->SYSTEM TYPE

Select 12-Channel FASSTest, 18-Channel FASSTest, or T-FHSS depending on the receiver you are using.

Confirm selection. This will take you back to the main screen.

Go back to the SYSTEM TYPE menu and re-link your receivers. The Model ID feature is now active. That receiver will only respond when the model it is linked with is selected. It will ignore all other models and the LED will show solid red.

Once the Model ID software is installed on your transmitter you will need to follow the above re-linking procedure on all your existing FASSTest/T-FHSS models before flying them.

If you are installing a new, never used, FASSTest/T-FHSS receiver you simply link as before.

Model ID works with single receiver, dual receiver with different modes, and dual receivers in the same mode (if the receiver type allows dual mode like the R7008SB, R7108SB, R7006SB receivers.)

IMPORTANT NOTE: This feature has no effect on FASST/S-FHSS systems or receivers. If you have multiple models all with FASST/S-FHSS type receivers installed and turn them all on at the same time, then ALL the FASST/S-FHSS receivers will respond to commands from the transmitter regardless of the model selected. Use caution to make sure only the model in use is turned on and that the correct model is selected. Again, this pertains ONLY to FASST/S-FHSS receiver types. This is as it has always been. Model ID made no changes in this respect.

BreizStone 09-13-2021 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC (Post 12605530)
FUTABA MODEL ID INFORMATION

Model ID is ONLY available when using either 12 or 18-Channel FASSTest or T-FHSS protocols. It does not work with FASST or S-FHSS receivers.

Once you download and install the new Version 3.9E software on your 16SZ or 18SZ you need to relink all your existing FASSTest/T-FHSS receivers to activate the feature. If you are setting up new model with a previously un-linked or new receiver you simply need to link it as before.

Once downloaded and installed Model ID cannot be turned off. It is a passive feature that is enabled by installing the new 3.9E update. It is not able to be selected for certain FASSTest/T-FHSS models. It is an all or nothing feature with those receiver types.

There is a problem with my expected use on a F5J glider with two different wing option (3.65m or 4.00m span).

I want to have two different gliders configurations (Ultima 3.65 and Ultima 4.00) with only one R7008SB Fasstest receiver. Unfortunately, I cannot link this Rx to the second configuration (Ultima 4.00) because it is already linked to the first one (Ultima 3.65).

Is there an easy way to solve this problem (not by using a Fasst Rx, not an option with Europe no Fasst on latest 16IZ transmitter).

Thanks,

Marc

FUTABA-RC 09-14-2021 07:08 AM

I fly F5J as well. How different are the setup? I would simply have a condition for each model where you change what you want changed. This is not unlike what power pilots do with aerobatic planes. A condition for smooth aerobatics and another for extreme 3D. Using conditions you can change just about everything there is in the model.

But answer your question there is no way around re-linking if you want to use two different model in the model select menu.

tartago 05-30-2022 05:55 PM

I have many planes and my 18SZ internal memory is full. I had more models accessible on the SD card, but after the update, those models can't be selected anymore. :(
Is there a way to revert to the previous version? I don't have 12 or 18 channel FASSTest and only one T-FHSS. The rest are either FASST or S-FHSS

FUTABA-RC 05-30-2022 06:56 PM

I do not know of a way to revert to older versions. I copy all my models to the SD card as a matter of practice so I always have a back up. Then I simply copy whatever model I want into the internal memory when I want to fly it.

tartago 05-30-2022 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC (Post 12729656)
I do not know of a way to revert to older versions. I copy all my models to the SD card as a matter of practice so I always have a back up. Then I simply copy whatever model I want into the internal memory when I want to fly it.

That's not a very effective way of using the memory.
I suspected that updating was going to affect my radio.

PineBaron 09-14-2022 05:45 PM

I know this has been asked before but is there a chance of getting MODEL ID feature for 18mz in a firmware upgrade?

FUTABA-RC 09-14-2022 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by PineBaron (Post 12743841)
I know this has been asked before but is there a chance of getting MODEL ID feature for 18mz in a firmware upgrade?

Not as far as I know.