Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuji BT24 Hard Starting

Old 06-30-2011, 06:46 PM
MarvinLoomis
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuji BT24 Hard Starting

Does anyone have any experience with a Fuji BT24?? I have one that will start the first time fairly easily. After the first flight it sets for a little while, and you go to fly again, you have to crank your butt off to get it to run. Once started it runs like a top. Can't figure out what might be wrong. Thinking very serciously about electronic ignition, but don't know of anyone making one to fit it. Anybody got any suggestions??
Old 07-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Fuji BT24 Hard Starting

Sounds like it may be running a little warm. Do you have adequate outlet area for cooling? Should be 3 or 4 times the size of the inlet area. Also, maybe a little richer on the high-speed needle.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:09 AM
hanko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuji BT24 Hard Starting

call dick benett at B&B specialties in Indiana. He is a whiz on zenoah's fuji's, and quadra's. look him up on the internet.