Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

JC EVO Engines

Old 03-25-2012, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JC EVO Engines

The nut is 8mm
Depending which part of the world you are from, a 13 mm spanner or wrench will fit.

Paul
Old 04-01-2012, 06:48 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks for the Info!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:33 AM
My Feedback: (21)

I would love to hear from owners of the JC120 how things are going after 10hrs of actual use. Specify your version as that appears to be another issue with chinese engines. My concerns are snapping head bolts, poor fit front bearings causing vibrations, crank pin/rod retaining cap snapping off, crank pin coming loose, cylinder liner giving out, Crank pin surface chrome failing, and anything else I missed here. Had an MT57 that slowly had all these issues after about 3-10hrs of use. I kept fixing till one day I had to go back and repress the the crank pin back in and I dropped the roller bearing cage and after rethinking my life I threw the POS in a box and put it on the shelf. Ran great for first 2 hours. Don't want to buy another POS that everybody says is so great but only flew it for an hour when they posted there opinion.

Thanks Jason Keiter in Vacaville, CA
Old 08-27-2014, 10:20 AM

Bringing up an old thread, I have a JC120 with about 12 hours on it, and it's starting to wake up. The needles needed to be turned in, idle has improved. I'm using custom very restrictive mufflers to fit an old (23 years old) designed airframe. It spins a Menz 28-10 Prop at 6100 rpm. I did install bowman rings from new, for the money, it's a decent engine. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.

No issues so far on bearings, seals, crank pins, this winter I'll pull off the barrels to see how they look and report back.

My JC120 was purchased from AMR-Rc.com in Canada, an authorized JC reseller. They do not intend on selling more JC engines due to the lack of response from JC engines, is what I gathered from them through conversation. It was purchased in November of 2013, so I believe it is not a version 2, but a later production run of the JC120 EVO line.

This engine has become "flip and fly". 5 hard flips with choke on and WOT, 5 hard flips with choke off at WOT, then Ignition on and flip once, and it's up and running.

Anyone else care to share their experience?

Here's a short video of the engine in action, the plane weighs 32ish Lbs.

http://youtu.be/xyptclYXbnU

http://youtu.be/jNzFfSbXb3Y