Walbro for DLE20

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Walbro for DLE20

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

We don't and we won't. If anything, the ''debt'' is the other way around. Most of you learned most, if not all, you know about gas engines from people like Antique, Jody, BCCHI, Aussiesteve, Apalsson, Pe Reivers, me, and a couple of others. The new guys posting a lot of flawed advice are people that got their stuff from the same sources but never bothered to become deeply enough involved, or learn enough, to quote us accurately. Engines, oils, rings, ignitions, service procedures, plugs, etc., you got it from us.
Wow, thanks to TOM for telling everybody that except for a select few here, the rest of us are completely stupid about gas engines.

Gee, while I have never worked on 2 stroke gas engines for a pay check, I always thought I earned my basic knowledge base long before I had any knowledge of a TOM or any that ilk.

It seems that for me it all started more than 50 years ago as a boy on the farm. Before age 10, I was helping neighbors and my dad with their cranky mowers both 2 and 4 stroke when they had no patience for them … and there were no local engine shops to take them to. I guess maybe I did make some spending money from those though. Later on there were go-carts in the pasture and of course chain saws. Later still, motorcycles and outboard motors that were maintained and overhauled as needed. Then still later, weed whackers and other 2 stroke power tools along with more chain saws. The list goes on and on into race car engines and many other engine endeavors. Giant scale RC engines only came along in later years and other than the newer ignition systems, there’s really nothing new about them.

But what do I know …. I owe all my engine knowledge to TOM, his oversized ego and friends.

I wonder how many times my story repeats itself for other people on these forums. My bet is that the engine knowledge pool is far greater than what TOM would ever suspect or give anyone credit for. I would also bet that most choose to never post on here and just lurk off on the sidelines. End of rant ……
Old 01-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+ 1
Old 01-12-2012, 11:35 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+2
Old 01-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Truckracer,

Please note I did say "and a couple of others". I should have used the word "few". I don't have time to sit around thinking of all the names of people that know what they are doing. However, I did mention that a lot of people appear to be seeking a reason berate someone for a "perceived" slight or error. My only suggestion is to read slower and take everything in context. At least one of the people that posted after you are among that group. Typically he bends to whichever way the wind is blowing at the time.

Let me state the concept in a more generic fashion. Those that have done all the teaching, including developing those products and proceeses that are taught, don't owe anybody anything. For people to think they do is ludricous. Perhaps had people paid for the advice they have been freely given, given because the teachers chose to, they would appreciate it more.

You have been one of those teachers.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:41 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

Therein lies the problem. Far too many seem to believe that those that develop engines and other products "owe" them help and assistance, and an expansion of their knowledge base. Worse, they believe they are "owed" those things on terms they dictate. If not delivered to them to thier taste they get panties in wad and criticise the delivery method or the messenger for any immediate fault they might perceive.

We don't and we won't. If anything, the "debt" is the other way around. Most of you learned most, if not all, you know about gas engines from people like Antique, Jody, BCCHI, Aussiesteve, Apalsson, Pe Reivers, me, and a couple of others. The new guys posting a lot of flawed advice are people that got their stuff from the same sources but never bothered to become deeply enough involved, or learn enough, to quote us accurately. Engines, oils, rings, ignitions, service procedures, plugs, etc., you got it from us.

BTW, there hasn't been a backyard prop stand test shown on this site yet that provided anything truly relevant to actual engine performance parameters. Spinning a prop at "X" RPM is not a true performance parameter, just how a fish scale static prop thrust test provides little of real use. That stuff does provide for some great comedy relief though. Those that appreciate the value of installing a real telemetry system on a flying aircraft are the few that are closer to developing accurate data when combined with static thrust tests.

. Most of you learned most, if not all, you know about gas engines from people like Antique, Jody, BCCHI, Aussiesteve, Apalsson, Pe Reivers, me, and a couple of others. The new guys posting a lot of flawed advice are people that got their stuff from the same sources but never bothered to become deeply enough involved, or learn enough, to quote us accurately. Engines, oils, rings, ignitions, service procedures, plugs, etc., you got it from us.

Well T.0.M. that is what you say. We learned a lot about engines by using Google Search and using YouTube Video and the comments placecd below every video. I myself met guys like mpascual who posted many Videos on YouTube. Fastest way to see and learn. You can type in how to fix about anything and get top notch results. By the way...it is a lot more enjoyable than to read Your postings...no sarcasum and put downs. The people that placed the videos did so to help, not too be-little others.

I do not know what you did to change Jody...he sure in not the same peron it seems. Too bad Jody is becoming like you.Why even bother to post if in the real theme of what you guys do is to be-little people? We can and will find all we need to know without your constant domination of everthing. The problem is yous...by sayingmost of ...us "know nothing". Your dead wrong, because there is many people as smart as you and even smarter. You talk the fancy big talk but thats about it.Capt,n

Old 01-28-2014, 07:01 AM
mchandrayan

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Know it's a old thread but still wanted to check, will a WT 664a work on a DLE 30? That is the only carb I have spare and since I am having problems with the fuel draw, wanted to try out the 664 along with the reed block mod.
I had this as a spare for my NGH 35 2 stroke that comes with original WT 664a carb