Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

DLE 30 Fuel System Question - Again

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 30 Fuel System Question - Again

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 10:08 AM
doswings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE 30 Fuel System Question - Again

I have a DLE 30 that's not starting. I cleaned out the carborator screen and still no pop. I've run the engine all last summer without issue and put it away dry last fall. It's been sitting about 3 months. I'm getting a good spark but after flipping a many, many, many times the plug looks dry so I'm assuming some gunk is blocking the gas flow. I've done a lot of work on fuel engines over the years but I've never taken a Weber carb apart, except to clean the screen, is it relatively simple or am I better off sending it out for service. Troy Built has exploded views of Weber carbs on their web site but I don't know the part number. Anybody know what it is and can let me know.
Thanks,
Rich
Old 02-23-2012, 10:25 AM
AirWizard
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: DLE 30 Fuel System Question - Again

Try squirting some gas in the carb and then see if it will pop
Old 02-23-2012, 10:57 AM
doswings

That's my next step but have to take it out of the plane first as there's no way to do it mounted.  Just thought I'd ask if the carb was difficult to clean out in case I needed to.
Rich              
Old 02-23-2012, 01:37 PM
swk550
My Feedback: (76)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a similar problem with a new PTE engine. It turns out the induction reeds were not sealing on the intake reed cage. I ended up lapping the reed cage and reinstalled the reeds. Now the engine runs and starts as it should.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:58 PM
doswings

Thanks to all you folks who responded. I pulled the engine out of the plane and put it on a test stand. After some head scratching I'm embarrassed to say the high speed idle screw was turned in way to far. There must be mice in the house or something as I know I didn't do it. Maybe I can find a way to blame it on the wife.
Thanks Again,
Rich