Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Which brand of prop is loudest?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 11:47 AM
JimTrainor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which brand of prop is loudest?

A Pulse Jet engine is another option.

I've read they are ear splitting, but have never heard, or even seen, one myself.

Apparently Bruce Tharpe likes a bit of noise as well, in moderation, of course:
http://www.venture60.com/pulsejets.htm
Old 09-04-2003, 07:35 PM
Aero330LX
My Feedback: (-1)

Looks like the mods know good info. when they see it. Poo'er wittle 'georgia clay' didn't get his way. Gee, I wonder why?
Old 09-05-2003, 03:27 AM
stott1
My Feedback: (13)

Default Noise in the sticks! Right On!

Aero330LX Do you know the originator of this thread? Do you know anything about him? If not, then you may want to keep your over simplified, stereotipic coments to yourself. If this guy lives out in the sticks and nobody is complaining, let him make noise. It is whining, crying, IMAC wanna be's like yourself, that provide the uneducated public with the information and tools needed to shut us down. You should put as much effort into proving that our planes, on straight pipes are no louder than a lawn mower instead of trying to prove they are not. But as long as folks like yourself are out there passively agreeing with the complainers, we will indeed lose our flying fields. Keep up the hard work and feed the uneducated with the fuel they need. We all appreciate it.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:43 AM
Aero330LX
My Feedback: (-1)

THAT is the biggest bunch of PURE BS I have ever read! Do you know what you are talking about at all?!? Obviously you don't. It's obvious by the post that you just wrote. I'm gonna try to put this in real simple terms, because it's apparent that some cannot grasp the concept. People don't give a damn about lawnmowers because everybody HAS to use one...unless they live in a place that has no grass. Most people do not like model airplanes. I happen to love them, and I'll do everything in my power to make sure that I along with everyone else will be allowed to fly them! If you make a hellacious raquet and bring the people (that do not like models) out to your field because they heard them you are shut down, and that's all it takes! It don't make a damn bit of difference once your in a courtroom what you say...they will listen to the complainers, and you have already gave them the ammo by being annoying! If you make them quiet though (and this has already been proven) they don't come out. It's people like YOU bud, and people like the original poster that cost our fields! I may not know everything about the poster no, but he didn't come across too smart asking what the loudest prop was and saying that it was cool. The fact is, it AIN'T COOL. Anybody with any intelligence at all knows that. If you ever picked up an AMA mag and actually read things in there you'd know that. I remember back 15 years this was an issue. I don't passively do *****! It's called being proactive and acting like you got some sense! If you think those 'complainers' as you called them are just gonna go away you sir are a FOOL! I've been involved with a club that lost 3 fields because of this, and I'm in one now that had a complaint this year. We immediately instituted a noise rule, and hold onto your panties...it was the IMAC sound rule and it cured our issues. We haven't had a single complaint again, and we will not, because we won't allow idiots that think they have to wake the dead to fly at our field until they get them quiet. If they don't wanna do that, then they just don't fly. It's as simple as that. I can see where some people wouldn't think that straight pipes are any louder than a lawn mower because they have no hearing left! Do you have the foggiest clue what in the hell you are talking about?!? If you did, you would know through testing that a lawn mower doesn't even come close to what one of these things put out dB wise in sound, and that is a fact. So...it looks like the uneducated includes you. Why don't you get educated before you make foolish remarks about things you know nothing about. Before you go around telling people to keep their remarks to themselves (theirself is not a word) you might wanna think about doing that yourself since it's apperant that you are lacking alot about what is going on around you. BTW, you said something about over simplified remarks? Well, you sure didn't get it so maybe they weren't simple enough were they? As far as stereotypic you need to learn how to spell it first, but even then I wouldn't even acknowledge that with a reply as it too doesn't make any sense. Do you really believe the BS you just typed? If you do god help the clubs you fly at!
Old 09-05-2003, 05:01 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's that time again, guy's. This thread has run it noisy course. There's been plenty of views expressed, it's time to move on.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:26 PM
0tter
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: Which brand of prop is loudest?

I was never so glad SC was so far away until I saw the Aero330XXXL post. You know he is one of those guys who gets in your face at the field and wont go away until you tell him he's allways right. Bla Bla Bla.....
Old 09-15-2003, 07:44 PM
claysmith
My Feedback: (10)

you got that right
Old 09-15-2003, 07:45 PM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

I know you probably have your answer on noisy props, and I'm not hear to tell you good or bad, but for myself, that sound of the ripping prop is fantastic. My own combo has started to rip because the engine is getting sronger, and I love it.

Now, for instance if your running a 26 x 10 prop, then simply run 27 x 8 and let it rip.