Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

NGH 38CC 4 stroke

Old 02-15-2013, 05:26 AM
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: NGH 38CC 4 stroke

ORIGINAL: skillet92

Depends on the airframe. I have an ESM corsair 74" wing that I fly on a g-38 Ralph converted 18x8 xoar. I also have a ESM fw190 with a dle 30 that is also turning a 18x8 xoar. Both fly well. While the FW flys with more punch the corsair still flys well and it needed the weight of the g-38 up front. I fly at sea level and in the south with our heat and humidity. I don't have this engine but i am looking at it and I don't go by numbers and figuring. I go by what a said nine will do in a certain plane or prop. I need to see more on it to tell wither it will work with a warbird or two. I figure all my planes separate depending on hat I need for each on based on weight and power. A lot of extra weight mounted up front create other problems.

Hey you should try an 18x10 Xora prop on the FW109. It's my fav war bird prop. It will really make it scream, or a 19x8 for great speed but tons of up line thrust

I Was thinking of useing one of these 4c in My CMP Zero as i dont need tone of power for it but i would like a little more than this motor is showing

<br type="_moz" />
Old 02-15-2013, 05:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a winner to me !
Old 02-15-2013, 05:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is a bloke running a 16x8 3 blade getting 8000 rpm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w53WABuoXQ
I would like to see someone try a 2 blade17x10,17x12 and a 18x10
Old 02-15-2013, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: mikes68charger

ORIGINAL: skillet92

Depends on the airframe. I have an ESM corsair 74'' wing that I fly on a g-38 Ralph converted 18x8 xoar. I also have a ESM fw190 with a dle 30 that is also turning a 18x8 xoar. Both fly well. While the FW flys with more punch the corsair still flys well and it needed the weight of the g-38 up front. I fly at sea level and in the south with our heat and humidity. I don't have this engine but i am looking at it and I don't go by numbers and figuring. I go by what a said nine will do in a certain plane or prop. I need to see more on it to tell wither it will work with a warbird or two. I figure all my planes separate depending on hat I need for each on based on weight and power. A lot of extra weight mounted up front create other problems.

Hey you should try an 18x10 Xora prop on the FW109. It's my fav war bird prop. It will really make it scream, or a 19x8 for great speed but tons of up line thrust

I Was thinking of useing one of these 4c in My CMP Zero as i dont need tone of power for it but i would like a little more than this motor is showing

<br type=''_moz'' />
I have an xoar 8x10 for both planes once they get broke in all the way. I don't really need it for the fw190 but I want it for the corsair. The corsair is a baby and I do wonder how the 10 pitch will effect it.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I am pretty impressed with the fact that someone ran a NGH 38cc four stroke gasser engine on a 50cc P-51 Mustang plane and it worked out OK too. Maybe it is a little underpowered, but it really depends on the owner and how much power they need. Some people like to really over power their planes. Others not so much.

My first thoughts where that the different brand big four stroke single cylinder engines were all somewhat anemic in power. When you look at the prop and RPM figures they all were sort of under power in my opinion. But many years ago I felt the same way about the early glow four stroke engines too. At that time I felt you had to have twice the displacement or maybe a little more to match a good glow two stroke engine. But it turned out to not be quite that bad in real life though.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:21 PM

Here is Australian Brian Winch s test/review results on this engine.(Michael has sent the review so I cant give you the URL.)Maybe timing adjustment will be needed to achieve best results depending on the gas to use.
<![if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:worddocument><w:browserlevel></w:browserlevel> <m:mathpr> <m:mathfont m:val="Cambria Math"></m:mathfont> <m:brkbin m:val="before"></m:brkbin> <m:brkbinsub m:val=""></m:brkbinsub> <m:smallfrac m:val="off"></m:smallfrac> <m:dispdef></m:dispdef> <m:lmargin m:val="0"></m:lmargin> <m:rmargin m:val="0"></m:rmargin> <m:defjc m:val="centerGroup"></m:defjc> <m:wrapindent m:val="1440"></m:wrapindent> <m:intlim m:val="subSup"></m:intlim> <m:narylim m:val="undOvr"></m:narylim> </m:mathpr></w:worddocument></xml><![endif]><p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-AU">PROPELLER FIGURES.</span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-AU">18/10<span style="mso-tab-count:2"> </span>7800<span style="mso-tab-count:2"> </span>1700 Idle</span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-AU">18/12<span style="mso-tab-count:2"> </span>6900</span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-AU">19/8<span style="mso-tab-count:2"> </span>7270</span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-AU">19/10<span style="mso-tab-count:2"> </span>6570<span style="mso-tab-count:2"> </span>1550 Idle</span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-AU">20/8<span style="mso-tab-count:2"> </span>6300</span></p><![if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:latentstyles latentstylecount="267" defpriority="99" defqformat="false" defsemihidden="true" defunhidewhenused="true" deflockedstate="false"> <w:lsdexception name="Normal" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="0" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 1" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 2" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 3" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 4" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 5" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 6" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 7" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 8" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 9" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 1" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 2" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 3" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 4" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 5" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 6" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 7" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 8" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 9" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="caption" qformat="true" priority="35" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="10" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Default Paragraph Font" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Subtitle" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="11" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Strong" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="22" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="20" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Table Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="59" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Placeholder Text" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="No Spacing" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Dark List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Revision" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="List Paragraph" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="34" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="29" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Intense Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="30" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Subtle Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="19" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Intense Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="21" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Subtle Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="31" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Intense Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="32" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Book Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="33" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Bibliography" priority="37" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="TOC Heading" qformat="true" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> </w:latentstyles></xml><![endif]><![if gte mso 10]><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}</style><![endif]>

Old 02-16-2013, 04:26 AM

If he is getting those numbers they look comparable to a g-38. That is not a bad engine. And you get the four stroke sound.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:57 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

And those numbers are not too far off the Saito 2.20 nitro fourstroke I have. I run the Saito in my 1/4 scale Fokker DVII and it flies great at 1/2 throttle. But I had to add 2.5 lbs of lead to get it at propper CG. So if my NGH turns about the same numbers, and I don't have to add weight....I am good with that. And I thought the Mustang flew pretty good for a 50cc plane on a 38cc motor. I did have one small set back on my test runs. The throttle arm screw came off during a run. Not too bad, a dab of thread lock and its fine. Just something to look at for other owners.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:03 AM

I saw that NGH now has two different 38cc four cycle engines for sale. The regular one being discussed in this thread and what they call a "Pro" version as well.  ref http://www.himodel.com/sort.php?brand=228
It has three rings on the piston instead of two like the first version has.
It is supposed to have less vibration too.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:12 AM
SJN

hmph...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62703.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1853028  
Old 02-17-2013, 06:33 AM

Three ring pro version??? These guy's seem to be having problems
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: earlwb

Well I am pretty impressed with the fact that someone ran a NGH 38cc four stroke gasser engine on a 50cc P-51 Mustang plane and it worked out OK too. Maybe it is a little underpowered, but it really depends on the owner and how much power they need.

If it's a "little underpowered" when there is snow on the ground, it will be a complete dog when it's above 85°.

The engine will be making significantly less power & the air will be less dense . Less power+less lift = a stall waiting to happen.

DA is everything, just ask a full size aircraft pilot.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:11 AM
SJN

But you cant see in the video if he is flying from a mountain top, or sealevel :-)
Old 02-17-2013, 09:07 AM

It makes me think that all one has to do is install two Frank Bowman rings on the regular version and it will very likely outperform the three ring "Pro" version then.  The only benefit I see to the three ring engine is that they needed to use three cheap lower quality rings to improve the engine's performance. But using two better quality rings would work just as well if not better.

Of course with three rings, does that reduce the oil going to the bottom end, cambox and top end any?

Old 02-17-2013, 03:29 PM

I am no engine expert but isnt 3 rings starting to get a bit ridiculous . I know of no other rc engine with 3 rings and I thought 2 rings might be a stretch but I know the rcgf has 2 rings . Could somebody enlighten me how this is a good idea . The only reason I can think of is that the piston and rings cant seal properly with 2 .Surley the drag of 3 rings compared to 1 must be huge in these small engines unless there waffer thin . Cheers the pope
Old 02-17-2013, 03:35 PM
My Feedback: (149)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Pope, Thought you resigned. . . . LOL! My Honda GX31 has 3 rings (and CH Ignition who did many mods for me) . . . . and an oil reservoir . . . burns strait gas.

T-man49 in Alabama
Old 02-17-2013, 04:45 PM

ORIGINAL: triumphman49

Hey Pope, Thought you resigned. . . . LOL! My Honda GX31 has 3 rings (and CH Ignition who did many mods for me) . . . . and an oil reservoir . . . burns strait gas.

T-man49 in Alabama
Howdy there T-man , thats just my day job , rc is where my real passion lies . What application does the honda go in ? I presume were not comparing apples to apples here . I wonder what the power output between the 2 is like , I read a fair while ago somewhere that they had a honda in a sailplane where the engine pod raised up when required but no upside down flying etc . The engine was removed as it wasnt powerful enough I.I.R.C . Thanks for your 2cents . Cheers the pope
Old 02-17-2013, 04:53 PM
My Feedback: (149)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You got that rite POPE,

It's certainly not a powerhouse, and it's still weighty with the oil reservoir, but plans are to put it in a big round cowl Stinson. Won't scale it out too much in trying to keep the weight down, but I'm hopeful that's it's home.

Cheers, Hoping one of hese days I may also get to retire & enjoy my aero passions more.

T-man49 in Alabama
Club Saito 723
Spitfire Bro 19
Old 02-17-2013, 10:06 PM

I believe Michael will put some info here after their holiday.As far as I know, pro version is manufacturing in a different factory to make NGH free for new developments and also to be able to produce better 4stroke engines with full care.Im not sure that shift is not related  with other government things also.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Turk1

I believe Michael will put some info here after their holiday.As far as I know, pro version is manufacturing in a different factory to make NGH free for new developments and also to be able to produce better 4stroke engines with full care.Im not sure that shift is not related with other government things also.
It is a little unclear what your involvement is with NGH, why do you have inside knowledge?
Why do you push the brand so hard? Are you part of the company?
No big deal, just be good to know the facts.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SJN

But you cant see in the video if he is flying from a mountain top, or sealevel :-)
Yes that's true, maybe, but from the looks of the vast expanse to the mountains in the background, I doubt that it on a mountain top. More likely a coastal plain.

Why is everone so eager to power a 50cc sized aircraft that is probably designed for a 5HP output W/an angine that makes 1/2 of that?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: 3136

ORIGINAL: Turk1

I believe Michael will put some info here after their holiday.As far as I know, pro version is manufacturing in a different factory to make NGH free for new developments and also to be able to produce better 4stroke engines with full care.Im not sure that shift is not related with other government things also.
It is a little unclear what your involvement is with NGH, why do you have inside knowledge?
Why do you push the brand so hard? Are you part of the company?
No big deal, just be good to know the facts.
Since 2005-6 I am involving SK/JBA engines which maybe I am the responsible to make world knew "there is a cheap but great SK engine in production".Since then I am in communication with Michael(Founder of JBA co.)So I can have all info directly with him also I have sole SK,JBA engines with my models to know them better and to talk upon them.It is my pleasure to discuss to make people to know "there is a great and cheap engine brand which also maker is not a cheater".Here many of my flying buddies getting JBA,SK,NGH engines after hearing and seeing how is the brand.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:19 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 03-03-2013, 01:25 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

[/quote]
Did we watch the same video? I saw a large warbirds that while not overpowered looked ok. This on a 38cc four stroke. I learned a couple years back from some engine guys that used to post on here all the time, stop worrying about RPMs and start looking at thrust and how the plane flies. RPM is useless if the plane does not perform. Just my 2cents.

[/quote]

Exactly what I mean. More or less all warbirdvideos shows warbird flying supersonic. That is not nice!

I do not think this is marginal at all and I can pull it of the ground on a much shorter distance, but I have never seen a fullsize do that....
It is always nice to have spare power if you can handle the throttle...My 2 cents ;-)
Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Fly it scale! Excellent!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.