Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

CRRC GF50I 50cc great deal or got screwed? We will see.

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CRRC GF50I 50cc great deal or got screwed? We will see.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: CRRC GF50I 50cc great deal or got screwed? We will see.

Hi there Jon, I can't understand why you guys in the USA are paid so badly.
I googled pay rates for the US and Australian A/F.
The Au dollar is about $1.04 US, so it's comprable.
You would do well coming down under.

http://www.airforce.com/benefits/enlisted-pay/

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/airfor...aydetails.aspx

Good luck with your engine.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 AM
STITCH48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the same plugs that came with the CRRC 26i and GF55II motors and have not changed the rings on either of this two motor. Also both motors came with the RcXel Ing. box and have not had any problems with either one of them. Would like to know if you new CRRC50i comes with a RcXel ing. As for trying new plugs, I bought six ICM6 IRIOIUM plugs from Melton at Extreme RC, but, have not used them yet, untill thr old plug don't run up to par I won't change them. Check the plugs ever so often duing maintance and I read the plug, if it's running a dark or brown color on the center I'm find and gap them around 20 to 22. Good Luck !!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:00 PM
cuwaert

Hi, I have some experience with Chinese engines a CRRC50i and a DL50.
The CRRC I had to throw away after spending the money equaling a 3w or DA trying to make it run without the bearings coming loose, the DL50 was by far the best but after a year or so the front bearing came loose too and after 2 years the conn rod bearing got worn out.
No Chinese for me thank you, I was like you charmed by the low price and I understand you give it a go and if you're lucky you might end up with an engine you can use for some rather limited amount of time.
To keep the price down I buy 3W , ZDZ and DA on ebay. A 3W is virtually for ever and I bought a 50i for 98 Euro's inclusive canister last year, had 45 Euro's expenses for a new reedblock and now it run's perfect and it's mechanically completely integer.
6 months ago I bought a 55i for 175 Euro's , no expenses, is rather new and runs perfect. A ZDZ50 with a bit of soot on it (fire in the sellers garage) for 90 E or so. Ugly but runs perfect.
These are all mechanical integer engines made by people who know how it should be done. I don't know American ebay is a bit trustworthy in terms of sellers and straight descriptions of the goods, if so I think it's worth wile to try.
Don't let yourself carried away by shiny chinese new cheap engines, less shiny but good mechanical concept, even when it has been used, most often offers more satisfaction.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM
joncammarata

ORIGINAL: 3136

Hi there Jon, I can't understand why you guys in the USA are paid so badly.
It's not so bad. I am content with my pay. It's just not a that much. Those pay charts are for active duty. They make about 40% more than I do for doing the same job. I am a North Carolina Air National Guardsmen. I get payed by the state at a much lower rate. Granted, some times I get actived and I get the higher active duty pay but it generally means that I am being deployed.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 PM
joncammarata

You are right about quality over shiny. I definately agree with you there. But I think some of these Chinese companies are starting to learn that selling a more reliable product will keep the customers coming back. I am hoping that the the CRRCPro Group is one of those companies that have figured it out.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:52 PM
joncammarata

POSTDELETEDBECAUSEITWASAHOTMESS!

See the post below the next for the video.

|
|
\ | /
\ | /
\ /

Old 01-09-2013, 06:44 PM
dadragon

I got an SV100 twin from troybuilt 5 yrs ago and put it in a Ziroli AD SKYRAIDER pumped up to 120"at 53 lbs it pulls that bird around with alot of guts and never any problems of any kind,I have a 50oz tank and make 2 to 3 flites each time I get it out and fly 2 times a week,there is about 200 hrs on it and still keeps on poppin.allthe rest of my engines are ZENS or QUADRAS.when this one goes it will be landfill stuff,no rebuilds in my inventory.Iguess thats just me.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:15 PM
joncammarata

GOT THEMOTORINTHEMAILYESTERDAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj0CI5fYPgg

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uj0CI5fYPgg"></iframe>[/youtube]

<iframe width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uj0CI5fYPgg" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, have you got it running yet?
Old 01-11-2013, 05:58 PM
joncammarata

I have not had a chance to run it yet. between the rain and work i have not had a chance to yet. I am hoping I will get a break in the next couple of days.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: joncammarata

Tex, thanks for the info, I still have 13 dollars left in my budget. Maybe I will get a better plug. I wanted to test a stock set up but I don't wanna risk losing the motor. I don't think I am getting the rcexl ignition. Has anyone got any info about the generic ignition that I believe I am going to receive?
Send me your mailing address and I will send you a new Ignition and spark plug at no charge. You have paid your dues. What size props will you be running.>
Bill Carpenter. Used to be BCCHI
Old 01-15-2013, 09:31 PM
joncammarata

That is really nice of you to offer. Thanks for the gesture. That would be to much. I really do appreciate the offer though.

Sorry its taking me so long to get it started. I mounted the engine on the airplane. I decided that would be time better spent than making an engine stand. However, when I was done I learned that the engine sits 1 and 3/8 inches short of where the thrust washer should be. So I need to make and extended engine box or find 2 inch stand offs. I think 2 inch stand offs might be succeptable to torque bending. Anyone know if 2 inch stand-offs would be to long? The thrust washer should sit where my thumb is in picture #1. The new standoffs length needed is indicated by my caliper in pic #2.0

Old 01-15-2013, 09:32 PM
joncammarata

Pictures coming I promise. I just gotta figure out what I am doing wrong.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34927.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	1841011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15113.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	1841012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47008.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	1841013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz73542.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	1841014  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:36 AM
Checklst

ORIGINAL: joncammarata

That is really nice of you to offer. Thanks for the gesture. That would be to much. I really do appreciate the offer though.

Sorry its taking me so long to get it started. I mounted the engine on the airplane. I decided that would be time better spent than making an engine stand. However, when I was done I learned that the engine sits 1 and 3/8 inches short of where the thrust washer should be. So I need to make and extended engine box or find 2 inch stand offs. I think 2 inch stand offs might be succeptable to torque bending. Anyone know if 2 inch stand-offs would be to long? The thrust washer should sit where my thumb is in picture #1. The new standoffs length needed is indicated by my caliper in pic #2.0
Man...... Bill is the ignition expert...........he is retired so to speak,and I sure he has a few of his ignitions left over from when he produced the best ignition on the market...............He truly just wants you to have a great experience and knows that the weak point of that vary nice looking engine will be the ignition..........Take his generosity and his advice,and start a friendship with one of the best this hobby has to offer.

Sorry forgot to reply to your question 2" stand offs on a 26cc would be just fine.....the short one are always better.....I always use washers on both sides of the fire wall with stand off's.....you could make wood washers standoff and keep your equipment as is.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:48 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Dude, take the ignition! Just consider it a kind gesture from a fellow modeler. I've been on the receiving end of that a few times. We have a great hobby with great people (mostly, LOL).

2" standoffs will not be a problem at all. I have 3" and 3.5" standoffs on a few of my planes and it's no problem.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:07 AM
joncammarata

CHKLST, Thanks for the info. It is a 50cc engine. You said it would be no problem with 26cc. Will 2" standoff still be ok on a 50? The wood washers are a great idea. I have all the supplies to make some good ones. I think I will do that.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:12 AM
STITCH48

Call Scott Gerber at PSP Manf. 866-622-6566 for stand-off's.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Checklst

Sorry about the 26cc misread my mind right now is not totally engaged.......Physical therapy for lower back and sciatica nerve.........I think my 55DLE is hanging on 2 1/2 or 3"with no problem. I would measure but removing the cowl on that big Yak is a chore. I'm sure someone out hear knows what a 55 DLE comes with stock. My guess is 2 1/2 or 3" so you should be good to go.

Nice motor and plane she should fly great.

As for ignition systems I will only fly Rcexl or CH ............ Bill Carpenter and Ralph Cunningham....well lets just say they know those 2 systems vary well....... one would be well advised to accept their advice and personally anything free form their shops........man I could not turn them down, but I have heard their names as long as I have been in this sport,and I'm a newbie at 33years in flying compared to these two.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:59 AM
joncammarata

Stitch, Chklst, Irocbsa,
Thanks for the advice and info. Everyone has been awesome. I am hoping I can get a maiden flight done on sunday which means I gotta crank the engine soon. I also need to cannibolize parts from my old plane to get this one up and running. So much work to do. As a matter of fact, as soon as I post this I am going to head to my man cave and get some work done. If I get a bunch finished, I'll post more Pics. Catch you all later.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:13 PM
joncammarata

Got it remounted. It is exactly 6 and 3/4 inches from fire wall to thrust washer as per the recommended specs in the manual. Longer stand offs would have been better and less weight but I still have a budget so I got creative. Still need to go through and put thread locker every where and seal it all with epoxy. Tomorrow I will install the gear and cut the cowl for the choke and tuning screws and exhaust and etcetera and etcetera. see you then.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25711.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	1841281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56637.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	1841282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot49009.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	1841283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz72871.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	1841284  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 PM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Nice work. I do have to admit that I was waiting for the next set of photos to be of you picking up the broken pieces of the fuse after it fell off that railing and tumbled down the stairs.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have extra standoffs,I will sent a set with your Ign and spark plug. By the way what spark plug does your engine use.
BCCHI
Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bcchi
By the way what spark plug does your engine use.
BCCHI
in the vid it shows a knock-off of the "RDJ8J"

often wondered why these and the NGK equivalents aren't used more. if you cut the threaded post off they are the exact same height as the CM-6 and since they can be had with resistor there really is no need for the shielded cap. if a custom rubber boot could be made to work with the modded plug it could even be a bit shorter than the CM-6 plug and metal cap.....and of course it would be cheaper and more reliable.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:12 AM
joncammarata

ORIGINAL: irocbsa

Nice work. I do have to admit that I was waiting for the next set of photos to be of you picking up the broken pieces of the fuse after it fell off that railing and tumbled down the stairs.
OH MAN, I would have cried if that happend. I dont have a whole lot of room to work on a plane this size so I make do with what I got. The wife throws a fit if I use the dining room table so I am pretty much stuck to space available upstairs. I can't complain to much though. Atleast she lets me hunker down in my man cave as often as I need to get some tinkering done. She calls it my "Beat Lab" like in the movie Step Brothers.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:19 AM
joncammarata

ORIGINAL: bcchi

I have extra standoffs,I will sent a set with your Ign and spark plug. By the way what spark plug does your engine use.
BCCHI
ZAG is correct. It is a RDJ8J. As far as it being a knock off, I am sure he knows better than I. This being my first gasser and all.

Thanks a ton Mr. Carpenter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.