Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

CRRC GF50I 50cc great deal or got screwed? We will see.

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CRRC GF50I 50cc great deal or got screwed? We will see.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:22 AM
joncammarata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRRC GF50I 50cc great deal or got screwed? We will see.

OK, So, I have read many horror stories about people receiving junk chinese Motors I have also read some heart warming success stories about people getting a great engine for little money. Well, I decided to cronicle my story from initial research to latest flight after it is broke in. Most of you will find this to be a waste of your time but there are many out there, like me, that will glean some useful information from this story. The story started last week and will not be complete until I recieve the CRRC GF50I engine, install it, break it in, and deliver the video and test results to those of you who care about my experiece. First, I did my research.
I needed a 50cc engine and only had about 230 dollars to spare and quite frankly I didn't want to spend more than that even if I did have the extra money. So I started looking for a cheap 5 horsepower engine to go on my GP 27% EDGE540. All roads lead me to china. None of the top brands or american made items were anywhere close to my budget. I found several clones and off brands that were in my budget. So I researched each. I payed particular attention to how many positive reviews were posted about the various engines compared to how long they have been available. I tried t stay away from negative reviews because an unsatisfied person is much more likely to share than a satisfied person. I have also learned that a great deal of the negative reviews I read tend to be caused by a lack of understanding or ability to properly use, tune, troubleshoot the engine that they are un happy with. The engines that stood out were the CRRC 50, a couple of the clones that start with a "D" (DL, DA, DLE etc.), and the turnigy 52 CC motor. Then, and most importantly, I tried to find spare parts for all of the engines. The CRRC 50 has a wide variety of spares available stateside and so did the turnigy engine. The clones were hit and miss and hard to find exact specs and what not. So the only thing left was to find the best price between the turnigy and the CRRC. I scoured chinese websights because they seemed to be much cheaper than places like horizen or hobbyking etc. I found the CRRC GF50I at a chinese websight called www.himodel.com. It was 164 dollars. The broken english is always present but the Specs and engine info (to include a parts breakdown) were all readily available on the websight. I chose a reputable shipper in "fedex express economy" and payed using paypal for extra security. The total shipping and fees were 53 dollars. The grand total out of pocket was 217 dollars. Oh and it comes with a 1 year warranty but that would likely be to much of a hassle. I am supposed to receive the engine in 5-10 days. I will continue the review once the engine arrives. Pictures and video will be used. See you then.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:50 PM
karolh

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: CRRC GF50I 50cc great deal or got screwed? We will see.

Will be watching and waiting to hear more from you on this and in the meanwhile best of luck with your purchase.

Karol
Old 01-05-2013, 04:11 PM
SOLO_48
My Feedback: (8)

LOOK INTO JC ENGINE
Old 01-05-2013, 05:31 PM
joncammarata

<xml><officedocumentsettings><o:allowpng></o:allowpng></officedocumentsettings></xml>

OK, here is the first update. After hitting the PayPal submit button I received an E-mail from HIMODEL.COM saying that "first time PayPal users will have to wait 1-3 for payment confirmation" and after that “it could take up to 3-5 days" just to process the order. So I’m thinking,' Oh boy! Here go the excuses!"
Then, about thirty minutes ago I received an Email stating that my "order has been sent via FedEx Economy Express”. I got a tracking number and a link to track it through their Website. My order went in around midnight China time and they have already pushed my order out the door. Not too shabby. So far… so good. Looks like I will get my motor sooner than I expected. However, it's not in hand yet.

Here are a few pictures of the almost complete 27% EDGE 540 that is waiting for its powerplant.

<xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view><w:zoom></w:zoom><w:trackmoves></w:trackmoves><w:trackformatting></w:trackformatting><wunctuationkerning></wunctuationkerning><w:validateagainstschemas></w:validateagainstschemas><w:saveifxmlinvalid></w:saveifxmlinvalid><w:ignoremixedcontent></w:ignoremixedcontent><w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext></w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext><w:donotpromoteqf></w:donotpromoteqf><w:lidthemeother></w:lidthemeother><w:lidthemeasian></w:lidthemeasian><w:lidthemecomplexscript></w:lidthemecomplexscript><w:compatibility><w:breakwrappedtables></w:breakwrappedtables><w:snaptogridincell></w:snaptogridincell><w:wraptextwithpunct></w:wraptextwithpunct><w:useasianbreakrules></w:useasianbreakrules><w:dontgrowautofit></w:dontgrowautofit><w:splitpgbreakandparamark></w:splitpgbreakandparamark><w:enableopentypekerning></w:enableopentypekerning><w:dontflipmirrorindents></w:dontflipmirrorindents><wverridetablestylehps></wverridetablestylehps></w:compatibility><m:mathpr><m:mathfont m:val="Cambria Math"></m:mathfont><m:brkbin m:val="before"></m:brkbin><m:brkbinsub m:val=""></m:brkbinsub><m:smallfrac m:val="off"></m:smallfrac><m:dispdef></m:dispdef><m:lmargin m:val="0"></m:lmargin><m:rmargin m:val="0"></m:rmargin><m:defjc m:val="centerGroup"></m:defjc><m:wrapindent m:val="1440"></m:wrapindent><m:intlim m:val="subSup"></m:intlim><m:narylim m:val="undOvr"></m:narylim></m:mathpr></w:worddocument></xml><xml><w:latentstyles latentstylecount="267" defpriority="99" defqformat="false" defsemihidden="true" defunhidewhenused="true" deflockedstate="false"><w:lsdexception name="Normal" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="0" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 1" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 2" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 3" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 4" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 5" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 6" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 7" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 8" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 9" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 1" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 2" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 3" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 4" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 5" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 6" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 7" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 8" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 9" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="caption" qformat="true" priority="35" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="10" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Default Paragraph Font" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtitle" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="11" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Strong" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="22" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="20" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Table Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="59" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Placeholder Text" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="No Spacing" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Revision" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="List Paragraph" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="34" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="29" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="30" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtle Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="19" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="21" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtle Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="31" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="32" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Book Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="33" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Bibliography" priority="37" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="TOC Heading" qformat="true" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin-top:0in;mso-para-margin-right:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;mso-para-margin-left:0in;line-height:115%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}</style>
Old 01-05-2013, 05:35 PM
joncammarata

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98716.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	1837160   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52177.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	1837161   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ci98225.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	1837162  
Old 01-05-2013, 05:41 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

I run a CRRC 40cc and it runs great. What I did to it was remove the stock spark plug and install an NGK plug and I also took out the stock ring and replaced it with a Frank Bowman ring and then started the break-in process. Many think that the Bowman ring makes a world of difference in new and used engines and so do I !
Old 01-05-2013, 05:51 PM
joncammarata

Hello Brian, I read about the bowman rings and definately have seen a bunch of posts about using the ngk cm6 plug. I may very well make those upgrades but I want to try and do a good out of the box as is review on this engine. I know it is smart to break in a motor with the ring you plan to use but I need to be careful. I am on a very tight budget since I have a baby on the way. Anything I buy means something must get sold. How much did you pay for the Bowman ring (shipped)?
Old 01-05-2013, 05:55 PM
karolh

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

A Bowman ring is about 12 bucks and IMHO is one of the best 12 bucks you will ever spend.

Karol
Old 01-05-2013, 06:08 PM
flygilmore

I just bought 1 for a 20 cc engine and it was 14 dollars shipped......
Old 01-05-2013, 06:18 PM
flyinwalenda

Understood about trying to keep it stock but if you do nothing else right now, at the least change out the plug. You can always put the new ring in later on down the road...or runway !
Here is Frank Bowman's info:

Frank Bowman at Bowman Rings. Email: ringmaster46 AT msn DOT com

Reproduction Model Engine Rings

Quality at a fair honest price. Making a good ring is a Skill. Making a fine ring is an Art!

Last Revised 7 - 19 -12
I will reproduce nearly any model engine ring. If not available, I’ll need a good piston and cylinder to measure, or send motor. Send return postage, insurance is extra. For orders outside of USA, ask for shipping costs? Priority postage is extra. Ring cost & shipping charges for USA listed below.
Please Note:
If you send me an engine for new rings that I don't currently make there will be No labor charge to do this.
If you send me the stripped down engine block ( Block, piston liner and rod assy.) for rings, that I Do currently make No extra charge.
If you send me a complete engine to disassemble, clean, and install the ring(s) and reassemble there will be a minimum charge of $25.00 per hour.
ATTENTION : NEW MEXICO CUSTOMERS WE HAVE TO CHARGE YOU 7.125% TAX, please add the extra tax to your orders.
Standard ring up to .29 size $9.00 ea. N.M tax rate (1) .64 (2) $1.28
Standard ring .30 to .65 engines: $10.00 ea. " (1) .71 (2) $1.43
Standard ring .66 to engines up to 1.999 bore: $11.00 ea. " (1) .78 (2) $1.57
Standard ring with 2" bore to 2.999 bore $12 ea. " (1) .86 (2) $1.71
Dykes ring up to .29 size $10 ea. " (1) .71 (2) $1.42
Dykes ring .30 to .65 engine: $11.00 ea. " (1) .78 (2) $1.57
Dykes ring .66 to engines up to 1.999 bore: $12.00 ea. " (1) .86 (2) $1.71
Dykes ring 2" bore to 2.999 bore $13.00 ea. " (1) .93 (2) $1.85

Shipping per order $4 First Class anywhere. Priority in USA only $5.90, both with delivery conformation. For out of US shipping charges other than First Class, email for more options. Canadian Postal Money Orders Fine, US Dollars, or Paypal.
For Paypal payments use my email address, or I can invoice you thru Paypal. I also accept Checks or Money Orders if they are from a US Bank.

** I also make special rings to order, ask for prices**

Abatar 120 4/C
Ace Twin .64
Aero .35
Aerrow 100 (pin) Quadra
Aerrow 200 (pin) Quadra
Aerovat 65 CC (pin)
Aircom M61 (pin)
Air-O .45
Anderson Spitfire .65
Area 51CC (pin)
Asp .52 4C, .61 (pin), .65 4/C, .80 4/C, .91 4/C
Atomic 60 Don Sohr
Atwood .49, .51, .63
Avion Mercury 1.609
Avistar .60 (pin)
Bantam .16
Bat .19
Bennelli 65 CC (pin) motorcycle
Berilli 36 CC (Pin)
BME 3.5 Twin (pin), 105 (pin), 110 twin (pin)
Brillelli 60 CC (pin)
Brison 2.4 (pin), 3.2 (pin)
Brown Jr. .60 cylinder sizes vary (send Piston & cylinder for proper fit & correct ring)
Brownie .29
Bushwacker 37.7 CC (pin) Sears
Bunch .45, .49
Cameron .15, .19
Cave Cobra
Chung Yang 29CC (pin)
Cleveland Tom Thumb .45
Comer 50CC (pin)
Como .29 (pin), .40 (pin), .51 (pin), .90 (pin)
Contestor D.60
CRRC Pro 26CC offset pin notch, CRRC 26 centered pin notch, 40 CC (pin), Pro 45 CC (pin), GF 50 i (pin), GF 55 Twin (pin)
CS .53 (pin)
Cub Cadet 25CC (pin)
DA 50 (pin)1.681 Bore, 50R (pin)1.678 Bore, 60 (pin), 75 (pin), 85 (pin), 150 Twin (pin), 170 Twin (pin)
DL 50 CC (pin)
DLA 32 CC (pin), 56 CC (pin), 112 CC Twin (pin)
DLE 20 CC (pin), 30 CC (pin), 55 CC (pin),110 Twin (pin), 170 Twin (pin), 222 4 cylinder (pin)
DME 100 Twin (pin)
Dooling .29, .61, Yellow Jacket
DZY 48 CC Twin (Pin)
Echo 16CC (pin), 21CC (pin), 21.2 CC (pin), 24.4 CC (pin), 30 CC (pin), CS-3000 (pin), 50 CC (pin), 65 CC (pin)
Edco Sky Devil .64 Old or New (RJL) state which one?
Elf Andrea Heine Repo
Enya 3.5 (pin), .30 SS (pin), .35 X (pin), .40 X Dykes (pin), .40 Dykes model 6002, .40 4/C, .45, .45SS (pin), .46 4/C,.49 X (pin), 50SS (pin),.53 4/C, .60 4/C, .60 X (pin), .60 standard, .61 CXLR rear Ex.(pin), .61CXRS side Ex.(pin), .80 X (pin), .80 4/C, .90 4/C, 120 4/C, 120 R 4/C, 1.55 4/C, 240 4/C Twin
ETA .29
EVO 150 Twin (pin)
EVRA 190
Forster .29, .31, .88, .99
Fox 36 Sand Cast (pin), .40 Sch., .45, .50, .59 .047 thick ring and .030, .59 long shaft Ign., .60 Blue Head, .60 Eagle, Eagle II .60 (pin), Hawk
Red Head .60 (pin), .74, .78, 120 Twin (pin), Gas Bore 1.439 ? (pin)
FPE 4.2 69CC (pin)
FTL 52 CC (pin)
Fuji 32CC (pin), 43 CC EI (pin), BT50 SB (pin)
GMS .61 (pin), .61 Dykes (pin), .76 Dykes (pin),.76 Std. (pin), 1.20 Dykes (pin)
GP 88 single (pin), GP 176 Twin (pin)
Hassad Blue Streak .64
HB .21 Dykes,.25 Dykes, .40 PDP Dykes, .40 Black Head (pin), .50 Dykes, .61 (pin), .61 Dykes
Hiller (Car)
Hirobo 36 (pin)
HK 24 (pin)
Homelite HK-24 (pin), 25 CC, 30 CC (pin) old .060 thick pin centered (press in ) , 30 CC newer .030 thick (pin), 30 CC new style Off set pin, 33 CC (pin), 38 CC (pin), 40.6 CC Super EZ Chain Saw, Super Mini Chainsaw Dykes (pin), 45 (pin), 50 CC (pin)
Honda SA 50 (pin)
Horner 3.7 Twin (pin)
Hornet .19, .60
Howler .60 (pin)
HP .21 4/C Dykes ,.40 (pin) ,.61 R.I. Silver Star (pin), .61 Dykes (pin) Blk Case Gold Hd.
Hurluman 60
Husqvarna 2100 (pin) Chainsaw Pin needs pressed in 1/2 way
Irvine .20 Dykes, .25 Dykes, .36, .40 Pylon Dykes (pin), .40 Standard (pin), .46 MKII Q46 Dykes, .61 Dykes, 120 Dykes, 150 standard non pin.
JBA 15 CC (pin)
JC Evo 23 CC (pin), 28 CC (pin), 30 CC (pin), 60 CC (pin), 1.20 CC (pin)
John Deere 100 G
Kavan MK 50
Kaw T5A 60 CC (pin) Artic cat Snowmobile
Kawasaki 22 CC (pin)
KDC Kioritz 21.2 CC (pin), 23.6, 25 CC (pin), 30 CC (pin), 58 CC (pin)
K&B .35 Dykes, .40 Dykes, .40 S Dykes (pin), .61, .61 Dykes (Lee Custom), 1.35 (pin), 1.5 (pin)
Kometa 29
Kraft .61 (pin)
Kratmo 10 CC, 4A Ignition
Laser 61 4/C
Lewis 60
Magnum .52 RFS 4/C, .53 XL 4/C, .61 XL (pin), .61 4/C, 70 4/C, .91 XL 4C, 120 4/C, 120 (pin)
Maloney 100 (pin), 125 (pin)
McCoy .09, .19, .19 Dykes B.H., .21 Dykes Car, .29 all versions, .29 Dykes B.H., .35 Dykes B.H., .36, .40 Dykes B.H., .49, .55, .60, .60 Dykes
McCulloch 15 CC ? (pin) 1.024 Bore, 21 CC (pin), 21 CC 60SX (pin), 25 CC (pin) MDB 90 Leaf Blower, 28 CC, 32 CC (pin), 50 CC (pin)
MDL 28 CC (pin)
MDS .78 (pin), 1.48 (pin), 2.18 (pin)
Merco .40, .49, .49 Dykes, .50, .61, .61 Dykes
Micron 60
MLD 28 (pin), MLD 70 twin (pin)
Moki M .51 (pin), .61 (pin), 1.20 (pin), 1.35 (pin), 1.50 (pin), 1.80 (pin), 2.10 (pin)
MT 42CC (pin), 50CC (pin), 57CC (pin), 65CC ? Twin (pin)
MVVS .40 Dykes (pin)
O&R Industrial Motor 1 HP
OPS Maxi .30 (pin)
OS .20 FS 4C, .26 4C, .28 FH Dykes (pin), .30 fs 4/c, .32 (pin), .37 H (pin), .40 H Dykes, .40H Standard, .40 H (P) Pylon, .40 FS 4/C, .40 SF (pin), .807 bore, .40 SR (pin), .40 FSR .835 Bore (pin), .40SR Dykes (pin), .45 FSR (pin), .45 FSR Dykes (pin),.45 RSR Dykes, .46FX (pin), .46SF (pin), .46 SF-H (pin), .46 4/C, .48 4/C Surpass, Max .50 old, .50 FSR Dykes (pin) ,.50 H (pin), .50 SX & SXH (pin), .52 4/C surpass, .55 Hyper (pin), .58, Max-H .60, .60 FS 4/C, .60 FSR (pin) .9445 Bore ,.61 SF .9055 Bore (pin), .61 FS 4/C, .61 SX (pin), .61 SXH (pin), .65 RSR (pin), .70 4/C, .70 SZ-H (pin), .75 4/C Surpass, .80 H,.80 Dykes (pin), FS.90 4/C, .91Surpass 4C, .90 FSR (pin), .91 FSR (pin), .91 FX (pin), .91 SX H (pin), .95 AX (pin), 105 HZ-R (pin), 1.08 BX-1 (pin), 120 4/C, 120 twin 4/C, 120 AX (pin), 160 FX (pin), 160 4/C, BGX-1 3500 (pin)
Peak .65 (pin)
Pioneer Grass Trimmer Model B 440, 42CC (pin)
Poulan 15 CC (pin), 25CC (pin), 25 CC Featherlite (pin), 32CC (pin), 35 CC (pin), 42 CC (pin), 42 CC Wildthing (pin), 46 CC (pin), 54 CC (pin), 60 CC (pin)
Price Midget
Profi .40 (pin), .61 (pin), .76 (pin)
PTE 36 (pin)
Quadra 35 CC , 40 CC (pin), 42 CC (pin), 50 CC (pin), 52CC (pin) ?, 100CC Aerrow (pin), 150 Twin (pin) , 200 CC Aerrow Twin (pin)
Quick Draw CC (pin)
RCGF 15 CC (pin), 20 CC (pin), 26 CC (pin), 32 CC (pin), 45 CC (pin)
RCS 1.40 (pin)
Ross .60 Dykes (pin), .60 opposed twin Dykes (pin), .61 (pin)
Rossi Speed .60 old, .60 (pin) .021, .61 (pin) .023, .65 (pin) .0235, Speed .65 (pin)
Rowell .60
Royal 40 (pin)
Ryobi 26 mm Bore EJ 100 (pin), 31CC (pin) older .064 thick, 31 CC (pin) older .047 thick, 31CC latest model (pin)
Sabre .49
Sachs 2.0 (pin), 3.2 (pin) offset, 3.2 (pin) centered, 5.8 (pin), 80B (pin)
Saito FA .30 4/C, .40 4/C, FA .45 4/C, FA .50 4/C, FA .56 4/C, FA .60 Twin 4/C , FA .62 4/C, FA .65 4/C, 72 4/C, FA .80 4/C, FA 82 4/C, .90 4/C, .91 4/C, 100 4/C, 120 4/C, FA125 Golden Knight 4/C, FG 20 125 4/C, 130 TD 4/C Twin, 150 4/C .0585 thick, 150 4/C .039 thick, 180 4/C, 270 4/C Twin, 300 4/C Twin .0585 thick, & .039 thick.
Sap-180 HP 1.2 (pin)
Scott Thunderbird
Sears Weedeater, Bushwacker,18 CC, 21 CC, 25 CC, 25 CC TWC Leaf Blower, 37.7, all pinned, 1966 Allstate Moter Cycle engine made by Puch (pin)
Shindiawa 33 CC (pin)
SIFK 29CC (pin) AKA CY, Chun Yang
Skil chainsaw (pin)
Sky Chief .53
Solo 2/C tiller approx. 20CC (pin)
Spe 25.4 (pin), 26 CC (pin), 40CC (pin), 45CC (pin)
Stihl 25.4 (pin), 30CC (pin), 36CC 4/C, 028 Chain Saw 44CC (pin), 45CC (pin), Super 45 (pin), 57CC (pin), 066 (pin), 62CC (pin), MS 440 Chainsaw, MS 441 Chain saw, 70 CC (pin)
Super Tigre G20.15, G20 .19, G20 X.25, S .29 (pin), G21.29 old, .34 (pin), .40 Bullring, S.40 (pin), G21.40 std., G21 .40 Dykes, G21.46 std. ,S.45 (pin), V.45, X.45 (Pin), G21 .46 wide Dykes, G.46, G .46 Bullring, V 51, G51 (pin) Italian, G51 (pin) China, V.56, V.56 Dykes, V 60 light case .044 or .047 top to bottom measurement, G24 60 Old, G 60 Bluehead, X60 (pin), V.60 wide & narrow Dykes, S.61
(pin), G.71, S.75 (pin) Italian, S.75 China, G.90 (pin) Italian, G.90 (pin) China, 2000 (pin), 2300 (pin), 2500 (pin), 3000 (pin) Italian, 3000 (pin) China, 3250 (pin) Italian, 3250 (pin) China, 4500 (pin)
SV 50 CC (pin)
Syncro B-30, Syncro ACE, Syncro ACE Special
Tartan 1.34 (pin), Twin .77 (pin)
Tech 23CC (pin)
Technipower 7 Cylinder radial, B series, 9 cylinder
TGY 26cc (pin)
3MM 53 TOC (pin), 150 Twin (pin)
3W 26 CC (pin), 80 CC Boxer Twin (pin), 85cc (pin), 170cc twin (pin)
Thunder Tiger .39 (pin), Pro .50 H (pin), .53 Red Line Heli (pin), .54 4C, .91 FS 4C, Pro .91 2C (pin), Pro 120 (pin)
Toki .40 (pin)
Troy Bilt 31CC (pin)
Tune Hill .36 (pin)
Turnigy 30 CC (pin), 50 CC TR-50 HP pin), 52 CC (pin)
Ueda .45, .61
US 25 CC (pin)
Vlvatam 2.5, 5 CC
Veco .19 Dykes, .21 Dykes, .50 Dykes, .61, .61 Dykes
Vega 10CC, 91 4/C
Webra .32 Speed Dykes (pin), 35 (pin), 10 ccm, 6.5 (pin), .40, .40 (pin), .40 Dykes (pin), .50 Dykes (pin), 52 (pin), .55C AAR Red Head Heli (pin), .61, .61 (pin), Speed .61 FS (pin), Speed .61 F Dykes (pin), .61 Dykes (pin), Speed 70 (pin), T480 4C Dykes, .91 (pin), 91 PS (pin), 120 Dykes (pin), 1.2 LS (pin), 91 T 4.90 (pin), R-145 (pin), 150 Speed (pin), 35 CC? Bully (pin)
Weedeater 18 CC (pin), 21CC (pin), 25CC (pin) 1.358 Bore, 25CC (pin) 1.380 Bore, 28 CC (pin), 32CC (pin)
Weedwacker 25CC (pin)
Westbury Atom III
XYZ 26CC (pin), 53CC STS twin (pin), 52CC single (pin)
Yamaha 30 CC (pin), 50CC (pin)
YS .50 ST,.61 Long Stroke (pin), .63 4/C, .80 H (pin) 2C, F.91 AC 4C, .91 2C (pin), 110 4/C, FZ-115S, F-120, 140-L, FZ-115S Crankshaft seal ring, (120 SC, 140L, DZ 160) Crankshaft Seal Ring
YW 24CC single & 48CC Twin (pin)
ZDZ 40 (pin), 50 NG RV (pin), 60 RV (pin), early 80 RV (pin), later 80 - J model (pin), 90 - 180 twin (pin), 1.05 single (pin) 2.10 Twin (pin)
ZEN G270 (pin) AKA Chung Yang
Zenoah G20 (Pin), G23 (pin), G26 (pin), G38 (pin), G45 (pin), G62 (pin), GT-80 Twin (pin)
Old 01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
joncammarata

Thanks for the Info
Old 01-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With my CRRC40, I had no luck with the original plug and the ignition worked, but made the engine hard to start. I wound up with a NGK plug RCEXL ignition, and now it runs pretty well, even if it isn't a powerhouse. I am getting a Bowman ring for it next. I should have started off with the better ring. I know better now, for it takes forever for the Chinese ring to break in. Check the timing of the engine. A lot of them are not set any where near 28 degrees from the factory. I hope your 50 will serve you well.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:26 PM
joncammarata

Thanks for the good wishes and the info. I am making a list. I appreciate everyones input.
1. Check timing
2. Get cm6 plug
3. Get bowman ring
I may collect all the data from stock set up then collect again after changing the recommended parts so that others can see the real world diference they may make.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:50 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

IF EVERYONE WOULD BUY AMERICAN SOON PRICES WILL GO DOWN AS OF RIGHT NOW ANYTHING FROM OVERSEAS IS CHEAPER> I GOT A LOT OF BAD ENGINES FROM THER SO NOW I GET ALL AMERICAN MADE ONES
Old 01-06-2013, 08:17 AM
joncammarata

I truelly wish I had the money to buy only american. I simply can not afford it. I appreciate patriotism as much if not more than most. I am in my 23rd year of service to the United States Airforce as an Aircraft Mechanic. After 7 tours to various middle eastern places I have learned what it feels like to see fallen comrades loaded on a plane to be shipped home in a box. I know what a rocket sounds like when it exploads near an aircraft that I am working on. I have worked in environments that could have easily ended my life. I do this willingly for my country and for my family. However, I do not make very much money when compared to civilian employees with the same skill set. So please forgive me for having to save 200 dollars by purchasing an over seas product. I think I have done my part for america and earned the right to spend my money on whatever I see fit.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:35 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

yes u have done your part very good i still buy from overseas some items cant help it happy flying
Old 01-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Texastbird

Jon, the iffy thing about the Chinese plug is that the shoddy construction on a few of them has led to them coming apart and ruining the engine in the process. So be careful with it. If I can find a link I will pass it on of pictures of failed Chinese plugs.
Here is a place I have obtained parts for my 40cc, they ship really fast if you ever need something.
http://gravitybitesrc.com/index.php?p=1_44

The plug from looking at the picture seems like it would require the tapered seat NGK BPMR6F like in the 40cc. If so, Ask for part number 1270, usually NAPA or other good auto parts store will be able to get you one.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:53 PM
STITCH48

WOW!!1 YOU'VE done your homework and would like to share my experiance with the CRRC brand motors. I first used a combo package CRRC 26i with side card on a 80" Mentor-G trainer from MaxFord USA and performed very well and pleanty of power. Then, the next motor was a GF 55ii two cylinder for my GeeBee Senior Sportster from Hobby Lobby and that motor has also performed well. For the cost of this CRRC engine, you can't beat it. For anyone wanting to run gas for the first time, this motors are a good start!!!
As for the Bowman Rings, they are the best and have just installed a pair of rings on myMLD 70cc engine that's in a50cc MXS-R airframe. This motor had a bad ring on the right bank and never started by hand sense new. Now two to three flips after chokeing and starts every time, made a big change. Have fun with your new CRRC Engine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78156.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1837518   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31617.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1837519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af89674.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1837520  
Old 01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
joncammarata

Tex, thanks for the info, I still have 13 dollars left in my budget. Maybe I will get a better plug. I wanted to test a stock set up but I don't wanna risk losing the motor. I don't think I am getting the rcexl ignition. Has anyone got any info about the generic ignition that I believe I am going to receive?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:23 PM
joncammarata

Stitch, Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love seeing other peoples stuff. So, i have read on other thread and a few of you have warned me in this thread to ditch the plug and get a new ring. It's all great info and I really appreciate it. My question for you is, did you get recxl ignitions with your motors or did you get a chinese economy ignition of some sort? How did it work? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:29 PM
flyinwalenda

I'm not sure of the 50 but my 40 is running on the stock ignition and starts on the third flip and runs good.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Texastbird

Yeah, some of the CRRC ignitions work ok. In fact mine still works, it just has a less robust spark when compared to the RCexl. I don't know if that is normal for the stock unit or not. My friend has the stock unit on his 26cc and it does fine. Run it until it craters. Just ditch the Chinese plug.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:04 PM
joncammarata

Great, that's good to hear about the ignition. Iv'e also read I need to keep the voltage below 5 and that includes the the top off voltage. How true is this?. A 4.8 pack tops off at arround 5.3. will that be ok or should I cannabolize a regulator from one of my other projects?
My motor toured china for a day then it stopped in beijing for a bit now its in-transit to who knows where.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Texastbird

Just a regular 4.8 pack would be fine. That's what they are designed to run on. Please don't run Amsoil in this engine. I know I am opening a big can of worms here, but Pennzoil air cooled at 32-1 for break in is well proven in my neck of the woods.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:18 PM
joncammarata

LOL, Yeah the old amzoil debate. Don't worry I won't do it. I admit I was interested when I first read about that 100:1 mix but I quickly discovered that many people ruined there engines. The success stories were guys that mixed it at standard ratios but why would you pay that much for oil when you can get the same results from penz, stihl, lucas, or any other decent brand name 2stroke air cooled oil. I actually posted in another thread telling the Amzoil distributer I would run it in my new engine if he extended me a 2 year warranty. Have not heard a peep from him. Other oil companies have warranties if you use there oil exclusively and within manufacturer recomendations. No such thing from amzoil. Anyway, I better shut up before this thread jumps topic.

Come on engine! Come to daddy. I need to start my review before this thread dies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.