Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Valley View RC Brand Engines

Old 09-17-2013, 12:02 PM
  #226  
Scooterpilot
My Feedback: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 651
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Just took delivery on the VVRC 40cc twin. It's going on an Extreme Flight 78" Extra 300. :-)
Old 09-17-2013, 03:41 PM
  #227  
Boboeing
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Scooterpilot View Post
Just took delivery on the VVRC 40cc twin. It's going on an Extreme Flight 78" Extra 300. :-)
Have been looking at an Aeroworks 35cc Extra or an Extreme Flight 78" Extra for this engine. The Aeroworks measures 8 and 3/4 across the inside of the cowl. Do you know if the Extreme Flight cowl is wider or narrower across the inside of the cowl than the Aeroworks ? My VVRC 40 twin is due to arrive Friday.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:54 PM
  #228  
Scooterpilot
My Feedback: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 651
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

78" EF Extra 300

WHere the cowl meets F1 former is 9 3/4. I measured about about half way from the very back of the cowl thinking that is approximately where the cylinder head for the twin would be located and it's just a bit over 9 inches where the cylinder head would be when the cowl is mounted

Hope this helps

Last edited by Scooterpilot; 09-17-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:00 PM
  #229  
Boboeing
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Scooterpilot View Post
78" EF Extra 300

WHere the cowl meets F1 former is 9 3/4. I measured about about half way from the very back of the cowl thinking that is approximately where the cylinder head for the twin would be located and it's just a bit over 9 inches where the cylinder head would be when the cowl is mounted

Hope this helps
Sounds like the Extreme Flight 78" Extra has a little more room than the Aeroworks 35cc Extra. The VVRC 40cc twin will work nicely for you. Unfortunately Extreme Flight is now sold out of the 78" Extra. So for now, after the engine arrives I'll set it up on a test stand and do a little break in and evaluation. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:58 PM
  #230  
Scooterpilot
My Feedback: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 651
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

May I suggest, if you're going to buy the EF 78" Extra to go online and add yourself to the waiting list. I did this for their 91" Extra. I received notification it was in stock early in the morning. I didn't see the email until after lunch and it was already sold out again.

Last edited by Scooterpilot; 09-19-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:14 PM
  #231  
Boboeing
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

My VVRC 40 cc Twin arrived this morning. Fed X did a great job. After a week on the road from coast to coast the outer box wasn't even scratched. The engine looks better in person than in the pics on the web. Nice finish, good compression, and a little tight. Will need some break in. Now mounted on test stand. Still need to drill, balance and mount a 20-8 prop and hook up ignition. Maybe run it first time on Sunday. I use 92 octane with Stihl HP Ultra at 30 to 1 in my DLE 30. Anyone know what octane is recommended for the 40 Twin ?
Old 09-20-2013, 06:24 PM
  #232  
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)
 
w8ye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Shelby, OH
Posts: 37,576
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

The same mix should be good for your 40.

Did you get the one with the 1/4-32 plugs or the CM-6 plugs?
Old 09-20-2013, 07:50 PM
  #233  
Boboeing
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by w8ye View Post
The same mix should be good for your 40.

Did you get the one with the 1/4-32 plugs or the CM-6 plugs?
1/4-32 plugs. Just a tad under 8 inches across from plug cap to plug cap. Just about slides into the cowl of a 71 inch 3DHS AJ Slick. Better suited to a 78 inch Extreme Flight Extra or Aeroworks 35cc Extra 300 or 260 which have cowls at least 8 and 3/4 inches across.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:18 AM
  #234  
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: HarvestAL
Posts: 692
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

87 octane will be fine. This is a low compression engine.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:01 AM
  #235  
BAS
My Feedback: (28)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Altoona, IA
Posts: 1,488
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I talked to Tammy last week and she advised that the angled cm6 plugs come with the current stock of the 40 twin. I have one coming shortly and I am going to mount it in the Slipstream RV 8. I sure hope that info is correct as I don't care for the 1/4x32 plugs.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:26 AM
  #236  
RC_Feen
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Culpeper, VA
Posts: 254
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Has anyone mounted the VVRC 40cc Twin in the AW 35cc Extra yet? I'm talking about this plane or the EF 78" Extra 300 or maybe a Pilot-RC 26% Yak54. I'm thinking about going with a 30cc size plane rather than going to a 50-60 size plane now that I've read up on the VVRC 40cc Twin. Cheaper to build a 78" EF Extra 300 or a AW 35cc Extra 300 with a nice VVRC 40cc Twin installed. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2013, 11:29 AM
  #237  
Boboeing
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RC_Feen View Post
Has anyone mounted the VVRC 40cc Twin in the AW 35cc Extra yet? I'm talking about this plane or the EF 78" Extra 300 or maybe a Pilot-RC 26% Yak54. I'm thinking about going with a 30cc size plane rather than going to a 50-60 size plane now that I've read up on the VVRC 40cc Twin. Cheaper to build a 78" EF Extra 300 or a AW 35cc Extra 300 with a nice VVRC 40cc Twin installed. Thanks!
Been thinking the same. Favoring the AW. The AW 35cc Extra 300 is a tad shorter than the 78" Extreme Flight Extra and will fit in my vehicle better. It is also built a little sturdier than the others and will fare better in rough landings or misjudged dead sticks. I like the color scheme and general looks of the AW and the VVRC 40 cc with the 1/4 32 angled plugs will fit into the cowl with some room to spare. The firewall to prop hub distance is specified at 6 inches in the AW manual. The engine with the supplied standoffs measures 6 and 1/4. Will need to order 1/2 inch standoffs for the AW. On the down side it is a tad heavier due to the beefier construction and may require a little lead in the nose to balance. All in all it will be fine for precision and IMAC manuevers. That's to say if I could do them. I mostly fly around, do a few rolls a few loops and a bunch of touch and goes. Anyway I like the combo of the 40 twin and the AW Extra 35CC. I plan to have the engine running this week and will order the airframe for it shortly. In the mean time my DLE 30 on an old 73 inch Sig Cap 321 EX at 13 lbs will have to suffice.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:42 AM
  #238  
RC_Feen
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Culpeper, VA
Posts: 254
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Boboeing View Post
Been thinking the same. Favoring the AW. The AW 35cc Extra 300 is a tad shorter than the 78" Extreme Flight Extra and will fit in my vehicle better. It is also built a little sturdier than the others and will fare better in rough landings or misjudged dead sticks. I like the color scheme and general looks of the AW and the VVRC 40 cc with the 1/4 32 angled plugs will fit into the cowl with some room to spare. The firewall to prop hub distance is specified at 6 inches in the AW manual. The engine with the supplied standoffs measures 6 and 1/4. Will need to order 1/2 inch standoffs for the AW. On the down side it is a tad heavier due to the beefier construction and may require a little lead in the nose to balance. All in all it will be fine for precision and IMAC manuevers. That's to say if I could do them. I mostly fly around, do a few rolls a few loops and a bunch of touch and goes. Anyway I like the combo of the 40 twin and the AW Extra 35CC. I plan to have the engine running this week and will order the airframe for it shortly. In the mean time my DLE 30 on an old 73 inch Sig Cap 321 EX at 13 lbs will have to suffice.
Thanks for the feedback. I had a AW 30cc Freestyle 260 but built it then sold it. Before I got the Freestyle 260 I was looking at the 35cc Extra 300. Contacted AW about the 35cc Extra 300 but they convinced me to go with the Freestyle 260. Now that the VVRC 40cc twin is available I'm liking this option in the 35cc Extra 300. From the sounds of it I'm pretty much the same type of flyer. Maybe with the AW 35cc Extra 300 being more beefier would be a good thing for me. Let me know which airframe you go with. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2013, 06:10 AM
  #239  
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: HarvestAL
Posts: 692
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Does anyone have some run time on the 40 twin with the 1/4 inch sparkplugs? Are they holding up OK? I have several other engines with both the CM6 plug and the 1/4x32 plugs and they all seem to run about the same. The life span of the smaller plugs seem to be the same as the CM6 at least so far.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:21 AM
  #240  
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)
 
av8tor1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 7,217
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

I have been assured by other "engine people" that I sincerely trust that the 1/4" spark plugs last just fine. I currently have one in a Super Tiger .90 running on gasoline and it has been running for a year with no problems.

AV8TOR
Old 09-23-2013, 09:06 AM
  #241  
Hone1er
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: , CA
Posts: 31
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have a little over 6 gallons through my 40 with the smaller plugs and no issues so far.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:11 AM
  #242  
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: HarvestAL
Posts: 692
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Thanks for the replies about the 1/4" plugs. All good news! Either plug has the same gap so it would seem that .020 is the same with the CM6 or the 1/4x32...............................
Old 09-23-2013, 01:44 PM
  #243  
denney47
My Feedback: (359)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Graham, WA
Posts: 275
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BAS View Post
I talked to Tammy last week and she advised that the angled cm6 plugs come with the current stock of the 40 twin. I have one coming shortly and I am going to mount it in the Slipstream RV 8. I sure hope that info is correct as I don't care for the 1/4x32 plugs.
That information is correct, we will now have the 40cc twin with 1/4 X 32 plugs which is 7-7/8" cap to cap and the angled CM-6 plugs which is 8-1/2" cap to cap.
Thanks
Tom
Old 09-23-2013, 01:54 PM
  #244  
RC_Feen
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Culpeper, VA
Posts: 254
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by denney47 View Post
That information is correct, we will now have the 40cc twin with 1/4 X 32 plugs which is 7-7/8" cap to cap and the angled CM-6 plugs which is 8-1/2" cap to cap.
Thanks
Tom
Any time frame with the 40cc twin with the 1/4x32 will be back in stock? Thanks!
Old 09-23-2013, 02:21 PM
  #245  
denney47
My Feedback: (359)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Graham, WA
Posts: 275
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

It should be about two weeks before we have them back in stock, both the 1/4 X 32 and the CM-6 engines will be here at the same time.
I didn't realize how fast they would sell, we have waiting list for both engines.
Thank you
Tom
Valley View RC
Old 09-23-2013, 03:01 PM
  #246  
RC_Feen
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Culpeper, VA
Posts: 254
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by denney47 View Post
It should be about two weeks before we have them back in stock, both the 1/4 X 32 and the CM-6 engines will be here at the same time.
I didn't realize how fast they would sell, we have waiting list for both engines.
Thank you
Tom
Valley View RC
Thank you very much for the update Tom!
Old 09-23-2013, 04:30 PM
  #247  
BAS
My Feedback: (28)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Altoona, IA
Posts: 1,488
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thanks Tom for the info on what Tammy told me about the updated cap info on the angled cm6 plug. That is good Bruce
Old 09-24-2013, 06:35 AM
  #248  
SteveC68
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 108
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Is there a dimension drawing available for the 20cc? If not how does it compare size wise to the DLE20?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 09-24-2013, 06:57 AM
  #249  
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)
 
Lifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 4,463
Likes: 0
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

The two are nearly identical. I really like the VVRC and it will be my choice in the future over the DLE 20.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:49 AM
  #250  
SteveC68
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 108
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Is the head angle plug like the 40cc twin?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.