Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

I am happy to announce to the gasser hobby

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

I am happy to announce to the gasser hobby

Old 04-23-2013, 10:57 AM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default I am happy to announce to the gasser hobby

if it has not been posted here before

t-aa d-aa

another, and high quality, 2st oil

http://www.mystiklubes.com/ProductList.do

your welcome your welcome, please, please, no clapping, it's the least I could to for my fellow gasser hobbyist

Jim
Old 04-23-2013, 12:00 PM
the Wasp

Default RE: I am happy to announce to the gasser hobby

here we go,
I called them and I was recommended to use the oil in the link below, "Mystik® JT-4®Ultimate High Performance 2-Cycle Engine Oil"

I was told it's a clean oil that will actual clean a dirty engine over time (test have proven)

it's the latest technology in oils, it has been used and tested in all types of 2st engines including Chainsaws, Scooters and Dirtbikes and Boats

https://www.mystiklubes.com/do/product/663096002

he did not recommend this oil for Model Heli engines or other engines turning 12,000/ 13,000 because an engine turning that high should use a thinner oil because of the Ball and Race clearance in the Bearings

BTW if this helps, (in short) I told him about a well known 2st oil that is known to run hotter than other oils, I was told> " then you are getting more friction"

hope I have helped

Jim

Old 04-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Whistling Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They reinvented stihl hp ultra, Awesome!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:21 PM
the Wasp

well he did say they made oil for other companies

to add, he did say they may reply to my post here

Jim
Old 04-23-2013, 12:44 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And Bill Dance is just the guy to convince me to try a new oil! NOT!!!  No thanks,  I'll stick with a proven winner, Stihl Ultra.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Mystik

Thanks Wasp. Looking forward to hearing all comments. BTW Bill Dance makes his living counting on his engine to perform well all the time. This clean engine technology is a new entry to the marketplace and it performs well for him.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:28 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is pretty neat. But now I think we need some people to test it out in their model RC engines and see how it does.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:28 PM
pe reivers

Jim,
You got paid for posting about them here? They should've
Old 04-23-2013, 01:32 PM
the Wasp

now now now, MG, I called them AFTER I posted the first post, I was look up Molybdenum Disulphide coating for the Zenoah engines, and found their site,,, that simple

BTW, I did tell the guy "it's a tuff hobby, if you reply be ready for negative come-backs"

Jim
Old 04-23-2013, 01:35 PM
pe reivers

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, not in some "mystic"stuff. Too many oil concocters have promised golden pastures where they are not.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:38 PM
the Wasp

geezz what ever, and maybe I will never run my MVVS again, maybe I will dig a hole and mount it there

proof of the pudding you can't even try to help on a forum any more geezzz
Old 04-23-2013, 01:40 PM
the Wasp

I should have known better
Old 04-23-2013, 01:58 PM
pe reivers

Hold your horses, unless you buried the engine before posting? You won't grow a new one that way. VVBG
In all honesty and jest aside, it is my firm belief that oils with prime quality base stock, be it mineral or synthetic, cannot be cheap. 27 bucks a gallon puts the oil in Walmart base quality in my book.
Viscosity index is not convincing.
The low flash point means the oil is diluted to improve premix ease, so you should use a bit more of it.
It is quite easy to surpass Jaso FC class requirements with modern oils. An oldfashioned quality mineral passes easily.
Base number is quite good.
To sum up:
Yes, the proof of the pudding is what counts here.
How well does it burn off, what about carbon formation at several mixes.
How much ring wear after 100 hours operation.
What mix ratios are permissible.
Will it keep the cylinder wall clean, or deposit anti-scuffing agents?
What about exhaust blocking?
What about muffler choking.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:08 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think Mystic is a new kid on the block. They've been around a while.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Mystik

Very good questions and I am not sure how creditable any company employee will seem to you so I will just point out some verifiable facts. Yes MYSTIK is a mature company. We have been around for a long time. We have a pretty good reputation. JT-4 Ultimate Performance is a new high tier product for Mystik and we believe for the entire market place. It is a combination of synthetic base oils and advanced additives. If you were to run a GC analysis you would find high levels of proprietary ester and clean burning, anti-scuffing PIBs. This by itself would justify the clean engine, protection claims. The high technology additives included have been extensively tested in racing sleds and motor cycles and provide the latest in 2T technology. I will try to answer any specific questions you have.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:14 PM
airborne2.4

I won't be a guinea pig. I'll stick with what works me.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:37 PM
skillet92

Can I just throw out there that penzoil air cooled at 40-1 works flawlessly! Heck I use it in my weedeaters and edgerers also.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:43 PM
the Wasp

""penzoil""

yes we know about Penzoil

but since we are casting here, let me cast this out, it has been known for a very long time that there is always a bigger fish, and always more than one way to catch it
Old 04-23-2013, 05:28 PM
acerc

The real question here is "Can it really be better or even equal to what us modelers use and have used for years, at a cheaper price?". Big or small, sounds fishy or at least inferior to me.
And I personally take in to consideration that a new product is usually more expensive when it first hits the market. Not downing you or your companies product but you make some bold statements that seem to be a tad out of the norm, TOO GOOD.
And as for Bill Dance, he does not state that he uses this oil nor does he state thathe isNOT endorsed for his statement. That is a commercial for profit. Now if you truly want to prove the oils capabilities make an offer of assistance to PE or Valley View or DA engines to test and report there findings to the R/C world.
Not to be rude but elsewise most of us will stick with what has been proven by years of personal, private, and commercial use. Or at least for me anyway.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:01 PM
the Wasp

acerc,, you do understand ??? that this Mystik company may just be making the oil that you are using ???

Jim
Old 04-23-2013, 06:19 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe that Citgo is the parent company for the Mystik line of lubricants. Thus Citgo makes the oils and grease that Mystik sells under their brand.
Of course the rumor has it that Castrol is the company that makes the special oils that Stihl sells under their brand too. A private specialty blender mixes it for Stihl here in the USA.

My concern is that it will be like Amsoil where all of the testimonials seem to be from dealers who sell the stuff. But I am not above not trying the Mystik brand stuff though. The real trick is how well the stuff protects the engine after a few gallons of fuel have been run through it. Unfortunately, I don't have an engine I would care to risk with the stuff at this time. I am currently running my engines with Stihl oil for a few gallons to see how much carbon or less carbon deposits there are in comparison with the Amsoil oil I was using. But maybe later I will.

Stihl did run some 100 hour engine test runs and their oil did pretty good actually. Model airplane engines tend to be run pretty hard as people tend to fly them full throttle all of the time and that is really hard on a model engine to be under a full load and full throttle like that. Then you have the 3D aerobatic guys who like to hover a lot, and fly at lower throttle settings, but they still tend to thrash their engines hard too. Of course the RC helicopter guys run their engines really hard at a fixed high RPM setting too.

Does Mystick have any pictures of the insides of air cooled two stroke engines after a 100 hours of runtime yet? That would be really interesting to see. They might have something there. I am interested in how much carbon build up and residue there is left over inside of the engine, and what the piston and rings look like.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:46 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Spectrum in TN packages a lot of the two cycle oils sold in the USA by the name brand companies like Dolmar, Echo, Lawn Boy, Poulan, Toro, Walmart, Bailey's, and Husqvarna. They also use some of the Citgo products.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:04 PM
robbinsp
My Feedback: (10)

Wow is all I have to saw...

WOW
Old 04-23-2013, 07:26 PM
radfordc
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: pe reivers

27 bucks a gallon puts the oil in Walmart base quality in my book.
If so then it will probably work very well. At least I know that Walmart Super Tech 2 cycle oil worked very well in my 50 hp Rotax 503 ultralight engine for many hundreds of hours.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:31 PM
the Wasp

well, if you go here, you will see the oil he recommended is $33 a gallon, so I have to guess that extra $6 made it that much better

https://www.mystiklubes.com/do/product/663096002

Jim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.