Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

BJ'S small engine service and repair in CT

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BJ'S small engine service and repair in CT

Old 08-25-2014, 03:19 PM
kradeljas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post BJ'S small engine service and repair in CT

Hi everyone,

I am reaching out to see if any of you recently dealt with BJ'S small engine service repair in CT? What has been your experience?

About a month ago, I sent my engine (Evolution 58cc gas engine) to Horizon Hobby for service/repair. They told me that it was an O ring but that they no longer carried parts for that engine. As a result of not having the parts, they forwarded the engine to BJ's small engine repair for service. They (BJ's) received my engine over 2 weeks ago. Since then I have been calling, leaving voicemails, sending emails with no replies from BJ's. Has anyone dealt with this service/has anyone had this type of experience? If you have any alternative contact information, I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you for your feedback.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:30 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

I have had the same issue, they received my ST61 several weeks ago but never heard a word from them. I finally found out that two things have happened. First, the shop was closed down for renovation. It was supposed to open again August 17th but that got pushed back till August 26th. The second thing was that while on vacation Bill Jensen broke his hip. So the shop will open tomorrow with his crew working (don't know about Bill himself) and it will take a while for them to work through everything that has piled up, including my engine. Bill emailed me about this the other day. I had actually sent an email wondering if he had died. He did tell me it might take from 2 - 4 weeks for my engine to be repaired and he could just send it back if that was to long for me. I told him to just repair the engine as it isn't that important to me. I also suggested that in the future he make some sort of arrangements to have some sort of information blurb on the home page of his website so people can know what is going on if something else untold happens.

Just wanted to add that I've sent numerous engines to BJ's over the years and the repairs and communications have always been excellent. Unfortunately for me and others, I just happened to send in an engine as an inopportune time. Although they really should have put some sort of message up on their homepage about the closure for renovations, that would have gone a long ways to relieving the anxiety I had for a while.

Last edited by GBR2; 08-25-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:54 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

I have been using Bill Jensen’s services for the past few years. His work has been impeccable and his prices fair. He is now closed for renovations and made sure that one of my engines, the wrist pin bushings in the piston were worn, got done before he had to stop work. He may not have received your engine unless you know otherwise. Ask the shipper for a tracking number. He always notified me when he received an engine. Dan
Old 08-25-2014, 05:27 PM
kradeljas

I received confirmation from FedEx that the engine was delivered and left at the "garage". Do you know the hours of operation? Thank you for the info.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:47 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

I do think that he operates out of his home but I do not know for sure. Keep trying the emails. He has answered two of mine within the last two weeks. He always likes to here from me when I tell him how I have successfully flown a recently rebuilt engine from him. I don’t know his hours of operation. That broken hip would have certainly slowed him down. Dan.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:33 PM
stevegauth30

It's unfortunate the issues you've had. And Bill. I've gone to him numerous times and always nothing but the best service.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:50 AM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

I got an email notification from him a couple of days ago that he has my engine. So the shop is now open again. Always had good service from Bill.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:51 AM
JL1
My Feedback: (93)

I have had very good luck with them and will continue to use them.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:38 AM
captinjohn

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I pray that Bill,s hip will heal real good & soon. I have read before he does very good work on engines. So my thoughts go to Bill, to recover and the engines I like...but people come first. Take care Bill.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:37 AM
jimco309

I had the unfortunate experience of sending my Saito FA300T to Jensen for clean up and refurbish. The engine was in perfect condition and I bought new over 20 years ago but had been sitting in box and needed to be cleaned and refurbished. He told me he could do it and I sent the engine to him in early June. He kept demanding more money as he was running into issues with the engine. First it was so "gummed up" he needed more money to clean it up, lap the valves, etc. I sent him more money. after sending him $455 he kept the engine for 3 months and I had to beg to get it back. He kept telling me he had problems setting the timing. I forgot to add that I had also paid him to install electronic ignition on the engine. After $455 I finally got the engine back 2 weeks ago and it was in horrible condition. He had installed the C&H ignition sensor upside down and was so crooked there was no way to crank the engine. He had drilled 3 holes in the crankcase behind the prop collet for reasons unknown to me and had filled them with JB Weld and painted over them with a brush and silver paint. I have photo proof of these accusations if you wish to see them. Do NOT send Bill Jenssen (BJs Model Engine Repair) your engine because he is not honest, has no idea what he is doing and is almost as bad as Hillary about lying. Very bad. Stay Away!