Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

AGM warranty beware

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 05:38 AM
rcav8rt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AGM warranty beware

I bought an AGM 30cc engine from an e-bay store, the engine came with a 1yr. USA warranty, when I started the engine it had a tapping noise, I contacted the service center with the info that was supplied with my engine and was told that they no longer did AGM warranty service, they said that AGM had moved their service center but no one knew where it was located, I contacted AGM and was told to run the engine and it would get better as it broke in, I contacted AGM again asking for a phone number and address for the warranty center in the USA, this time they told me to supply them with the order number and pay-pal transaction number and they would send me the address and phone number, I sent this info and they replied that they only service engines that were bought on their web site, that anyone that bought their engines from an ebay dealer should contact the the ebay dealer for service, the ebay dealer said sorry, the bottom line is , IF YOU BOUGHT YOUR ENGINE FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE AGM WEB SITE AGM WON'T HONOR THE WARRANTY
Old 07-22-2015, 10:36 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the warning and information. That is a bummer. But it has me wondering if the ebay engines are fakes or counterfeits though.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:55 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is good info to know, IMO there is no excuse for AGM not to stand behind their product. And if the engine in question is a fake AGM should say so.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:44 AM
rcav8rt

the engine isn't a fake, it came with all AGM paperwork and service center info, AGM won't cover engines sold from their listed dealers either. I have the version 2, I understand that v 1 didn't have any problems.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:06 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is highly unusual. Major bummer in any case.
It does not sound good. It makes me wonder if they are cutting their losses on their V2 debacle.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:08 AM
timlan

They shut off their phones and wont answer emails. Typical Chinese response to problems, ignore them! AGM Sucks!
Old 07-29-2015, 07:40 AM
timlan

Chinese Customer Service:

Dear Timothy,

We are sorry to tell you that we do not change for the items which was sold out from any ebay or Amazon store, since we did not open any store at these platform yet, and only the engines sold out from our offical website can enjoy the warranty of what we promised. As for your question, we suggest you contact with your ebay seller to have this problem solved.

Best regards
[HR][/HR][email protected]
Old 07-30-2015, 04:50 AM
rcav8rt

your distributor provided amazon and ebay stores with the engines to sell, the companies were told that a one year warranty came with the engine, the dealers listed on your web site said that you removed them as service centers and they can't get engines or parts to fix their customers engines, what you are doing is pretty low life.

Last edited by rcav8rt; 08-05-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:46 PM
timlan

ordered a dle cylinder from onmi models. installed and engine runs great now. you will never see replacement cylinders from Long Dong on Ebay. And if thats where you bought your engine, Chow Fat at the agm factory wont honor any warranty. Freakin Chinese *******s. I learned my lesson!