Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Carburetor

Old 06-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Redecop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carburetor

I want to put a Walbro carburetor on my 3w 106cc does anyone know which carb I need to get? Like what item number and so on. Any advice would be greatly aprecheated.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

The most common Walbro carb used on that size engine is the WJ-71. Used on most all the newer 100 - 120 class engines for quite a few years now.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:20 AM
Redecop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you sir I think that's what I'm going to do.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

If you buy one from a wholesaler or lawn equipment dealer, it will have a funky plastic choke to throttle interlock. These come on every WJ-71 I have seen. You just break away the plastic parts and you're good to go. There will also be a spring on the choke shaft that needs to be removed. AFAIK, all RC engine companies just remove these parts before installation of the carb on the various engines. Point is, don't be alarmed when you see something on the carb that doesn't belong on an RC engine.

You can buy the carb from DA with the choke parts pre modified and a very nice throttle arm. Many choices .... I just buy from Ebay and enjoy the lower price and free shipping.