Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

15GX 15cc Gas Engine with Pumped Carb Opinions ?

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

15GX 15cc Gas Engine with Pumped Carb Opinions ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 11:59 AM
cmarch01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15GX 15cc Gas Engine with Pumped Carb Opinions ?

Hello to all, For those using this ,I would greatly appreciate your opinions ... thanks
Old 11-06-2016, 12:49 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a lot of time on the 10cc version, w/pump and without. When it comes to the 15cc engine, they run good, but they're heavy when compared to the 10cc engine, or a good 20cc engine (DLE, RCGF, Valleyview, etc).

What I'm trying to say is the 15 needs just the right plane to be part of a good plan. Look at and compare the weights and you'll see what I mean. As far as the way it runs and the way Horizon supports it, my guess is you'll like it.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:32 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a lot of time on the 15cc with the pressure carb.. Once I put an OS muffler on it to stop the POS evolution muffler from coming loose it has been a good engine.. my conrod is getting a little slop in it after a lot of flights.. I had in on a magic extra 3d and if flew it well. it is now on a flying king and is ok. . It runs like a good glow 60 .. I have seen several of the newer ones with the pumper carb and they are much better.. I would put one on a nice 60 glow warbird that I already had and wanted to fly in lieu of glow.. otherwise I wouldn't mess with it.. It is an awkward size and with gas below 20cc is hard to really get a good power to weight ratio.