Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

TorqPro 70 4-Stroke Gas Engine

Old 12-01-2016, 01:01 PM
Sonny.C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TorqPro 70 4-Stroke Gas Engine

Greetings All,

Has anyone had any experience with the Torqpro 70 engine? I have one mounted in a Top RC Models P-51 ready to go. With the included short stand-offs the motor is perfect for the Mustang length wise and the motor fits perfectly inside the cowling, but with all that said nobody at our flying field has one for me to inquire about.

Sadly, my new mustang arrived with some shipping damage as the rear canopy frame was broken in a couple places and the composite material is so thin and brittle my repair attempts were fruitless, so I'm waiting for a frame to arrive from China on that slow boat everyone talks about.

So in the mean time I went to YouTube looking for videos with the engine performing and sure enough there were several videos of planes impressivly running the Torqpro 70, but I would still like to hear from an owner if the stock needle settings are good, what oil mixture is being used, what prop works best on the engine, does it cold start easily, etc..

Thanks!

Sonny
Old 12-03-2016, 07:06 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one also but i havent ran it yet. I will try an APC F-1 GT prop on mine for speed. its a 20x18 prop.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:06 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

TorqPro 70 4-Stroke

Guys, just a head's up here, when I saw this post I wanted to see the engine, so I searched the engine on "Google Images" and when I clicked on the engine I got a Virus, sorry, that was 2 days ago and I don't remember the site I clicked on,

but when the threat window popped up on my computer it said "W W W.Trafic in side /Me",, NOTE, do NOT click on it

Jim
Old 12-05-2016, 05:10 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will take some pictures of mine and post here then