Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Sachs dolmar

Old 03-18-2020, 12:08 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
Lee , I would apply some heat to the hub it's either corroded to the crank or it has loctite on it . In either case the heat should help.
+1 on the Loctite. Probably red so it will need some heat.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:45 PM
rclbsimmo
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, got it off....just needed to put it in vise, get my buddy to help and we got it loose, no heat required....it's just a nut...std threads.
Now I need to get a longer one made....I'll use 6061 T6 1.75" round rod and have it machined locally.
Thanks guys.....
Old 03-18-2020, 06:16 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just curious ..... how many threads were engaged in the hub? The one I worked on only had like 3 or 4 threads and I was amazed that anyone would leave an engine like that. Also made me wonder about safety after I had previously stood in front of that engine during starts on many occasions.

Sometimes it can be difficult to make a longer hub run true. It all depends on the mating surface and of course the accuracy of the machining.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:36 AM
rclbsimmo
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I screw the hub on...I turn it 7 revs until it stops....
But it looks like more would be better....I hope it stays on....Must be OK as haven't heard any coming off?? But that's an older engine.

Last edited by rclbsimmo; 03-27-2020 at 09:49 AM.